Senior Innovation Engineer I - Air MI
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The NIKE, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accountants, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide - making the impossible happen every single day.
As our Senior Innovation Engineer I, you will be responsible for leading cross-functional teams to bring Nike Air soles to market. You will help lead the design and implementation of experiments to understand key variables between material, process, tooling, and equipment. You will help guide a team of engineers to plan and execute a program from prototyping and testing ideas in an R&D setting to commercialization of product in a high-volume manufacturing setting. You will work with multiple categories and processing platforms while collaborating with our Innovation teams to help manage and accelerate commercialization of new products.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, Chemical Engineering or other manufacturing related degree
• 4 additional years' closely related work experience may be considered in lieu of the degree
• 5+ years' experience in leading project teams within a high-volume manufacturing production environment
• Experience with troubleshooting industrial machinery which requires thorough knowledge in both electrical and mechanical systems
• Experience in Design of Experiments and ability to interpret statistical data
• Possess a detailed and methodical approach to problem solving
• Ability to work with associates of all levels including managers, engineers, machine operators, quality technicians, line supervisors, and maintenance technicians
• Ability to communicate to and influence technical and non-technical teams
• Demonstrated project management skills
• Excellent Program Management Software, Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
• Process knowledge of injection molding a plus
• Process knowledge of EVA foams and rubber a plus
• Process knowledge to footwear manufacturing a plus
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Back to top