Senior Financial Analyst - Product
- Boston, MA
Become part of the Converse Team
Converse is a place to explore potential, break barriers and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Converse, it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving world to make things better as a team.
Who Converse represents is who Converse hires. If you're one-of-a-kind, you should try us on.
As the Senior Financial Analyst for Product at Converse, you will join one of the most iconic global consumer brands. You'll actively support the Product Finance team in analyzing, compiling, summarizing and interpreting financial results with business leaders to drive growth and profitability. You will help the product teams in hitting their unit, revenue, and margin goals by performing analysis that aids in the decision-making process, outline investment scenarios, identify trends/risks/opportunities in the portfolio and help create action plans that mitigate risk and leverage opportunities.
- Partner cross functionally (product, design, merchandising, costing, demand planning, geo & global finance, etc.) to track and evaluate margin attainment each season and work with the Product teams on scenario plans to improve margins through the product lens
- Help translate product strategies into financial goals and help set seasonal margin targets
- Help ensure product lines deliver against growth and profitability objectives
- Partner with geography teams to ensure marketplace plan is aligned with the global product strategy Leverage insights across product, brand, and marketplace to information strategies, plans, and franchise management
- Support and be a key team member to the Footwear & Apparel teams
- Perform analysis that aids in the decision-making process and helps improve profitability for current franchises, as well as on new business opportunities
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis in support of strategic initiatives and improving profitability.
- In addition, you'll work towards streamlining processes and tools in respect to business planning, aiming to improve efficiencies without sacrificing quality
To succeed in the role, you must be a self-starter who possesses excellent analytical skills, attention to detail and a strong work ethic.
WHAT YOU BRING TO CONVERSE
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or a closely related field
- MBA in Finance, Economics or related field is a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in finance, financial/strategic planning, investment analysis, economic profit analysis, accounting and/or budgeting preferred
- Knowledge of footwear or apparel sourcing, processes and events from product concept to delivery is a plus
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills while being independent and resourceful
- Demonstrated ability to complete quantitative and qualitative analysis and to run financial models
- Strong written and verbal communication/influencing skills
- Advanced proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong information seeking skills and drive to make things happen
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills
- Ability to exercise high degree of professionalism
- Innate desire to continuously explore, learn, and exercise intellectual curiosity
Converse is more than a company; it's a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we're different.
Back to top