Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Every successful team At NIKE, Inc. Inc. needs a brilliant game plan. Strategic Planning teams keep the company moving in the right direction by leading the strategic business planning process and spearheading transformational projects across Nike businesses and geographies. Embedded in teams across the company, strategy professionals explore complex business issues; conduct consumer, competitive and market analyses; create financial models and develop action plans. The Strategic Planning teams help write the future of sport by charting Nike's path forward.
Who are we looking for
Every successful team at Nike needs a brilliant game plan! Strategic Planning teams shape & drive the company's growth agenda by leading the business planning processes, aligning enterprise leadership to make our biggest opportunities a reality, and spearheading groundbreaking projects across Nike's diverse businesses and geographies.
We are looking for a Senior Director of Strategy that will work with senior executives to help define the future of sport, our business, and the broader marketplace. By driving critical transformational projects and leading our annual strategy cycle, we uncover and realize Nike, Inc.'s biggest opportunities.
What will you work on
As a Senior Director, you hold a strategic leadership role with visibility across our portfolio of businesses. You will shape and lead the strategic agenda aligned to Nike's most significant growth opportunities:
- Create the future and vision to better serve employees and consumers: gather marketplace and business insights to connect the dots, elevate trends, and generate ideas.
- Identify gaps between vision and current state: translate vision into impactful plan, including key priorities, success metrics, achievements, investment requirements, and roles.
- Lead and create content for key strategic and business planning processes.
- Partner with senior stakeholders to execute and run specific priorities, often serving as proxy for leader in specific meetings as needed.
You will report to the VP, Global Operations & Technology Strategy, and partner directly with one of the following business teams: Global Technology, Global Operations & Logistics, Demand Supply Management or Global Sourcing & Manufacturing. You will be responsible for executing and leading specific priorities as a critical thought partner on Strategic Priorities and current business challenges.
What you bring to Nike
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10+ years of relevant experience in corporate strategy, strategy consulting, business development, investment banking or a related field.
- One of the following alternatives may be accepted: PhD or Law + 8 yrs; Masters + 9 yrs; Associates degree + 11 yrs; High School + 12 yrs
- Previous experience leading and managing a team with demonstrated ability to coach and develop future leaders.
- Proven ability to pull together diverse individuals with different goals and facilitate productive discussions.
- Experience in leading complex strategic projects and demonstrated success in leading a methodical process of analyzing problems, gathering information, generating options, then proposing and acting on a course of action.
- Strong discernment to quickly learn new business opportunities and understand how strategic plans can enable revenue and profit growth.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of apparel/footwear, retail, merchandising, and digital/ecommerce in global-consumer marketplaces
- Experience working in a matrixed organizational environment
- Ability to take groundbreaking ideas and operationalizing them by catalyzing action and aligning the appropriate resources / partners
- Advanced degree such as an MBA
- Master's (3 years post MBA preferred with 10+ years of relevant experience in total)
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.