Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a seasoned data science leader for our Digital Experiences Data Science team. The Senior Director of Digital Experiences role will be responsible for leading the data science teams that work on optimizing and personalizing Nike's digital experiences. These experiences include both Nike.com and on the Nike app in the United States, China, Europe, and elsewhere around the globe, as well as Nike's SNKRS and WeChat apps. Today, this body of work is focused on using machine learning for search relevance and product recommendations. The aim is to leverage data science more broadly across these digital platforms.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON
- Partner closely with the other data science leaders within Consumer Data Science. This includes aligning Digital Experience Data Science roadmaps with our those of the data science teams working in the areas of sport activity, content planning, and marketing communications. Reuse data and models where possible.
- Partner closely with Nike's Digital Product Management leadership, providing input into the overall digital roadmaps, and in particular helping to identify and advocate for high leverage uses of data and data science across Nike's digital experiences.
- Partner closely with Nike's Global Technology leadership that works on data engineering, platform engineering, and experience engineering. Ensure that the foundational data, systems, and processes are in place to successfully execute on data science.
- Evaluate the evolving landscape of vendors of data science capabilities for ecommerce and develop a position on which capabilities should be built in house.
- Lead through leaders, including our search and personalization data science leaders and teams that are in place today and who will report into this role.
- Be an inspirational thought leader within the broader analytics and data science communities at Nike.
- Hire, onboard, and mentor talented data scientists and data science leaders.
You will be the leader of the Digital Experiences Data Science team, reporting to the Vice President of Consumer Data Science. Digital Experiences Data Science is part of Nike's Consumer Data Science sub-function and Insights and Analytics function. So you will be a member of the broader data science and analytics community at Nike, and help organize and participate in our data science labs, study groups, and team activities, and attend conferences.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Experience developing strong partnerships with engineering and product teams.
- Experience managing through senior managers.
- Experience hiring and mentoring exceptional data scientists.
- Experience communicating technical roadmaps to business leaders.
- Experience practicing data science, even if not recently.
- A product and entrepreneurial mindset.
- Bachelor's Degree Required.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.