Senior Data Scientist, Nike Training Club
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc. designs the future. At NIKE, Inc. designers chase their curiosities and build what's next, shaping the culture and advancing human potential. The Design teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphic designers. Nike designers look to the future, aggressively pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the athlete experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.
Joining us in Nike World Headquarters in Beaverton OR, the Sr Data Scientist, NTC Premium will embed themselves within Nike Digital's NTC Premium digital product management team. They will use data derived consumer insights to strengthen measurable impact in the creation of Nike's newest digital business model, premium subscription for Nike Training Club (NTC). With Nike's strategic focus on the evolution of the digital business, personalization, and strengthening the consumer's direct connection within the Nike digital ecosystem, this position plays a key role in Nike's Consumer Direct Offense.
The candidate should be self-driven and proactive and must be able to demonstrate that they can assess many business needs and requests, collaborate across both technical and non-technical partners, continue to timely deliver while constantly developing new solutions and insights to empower the NTC Premium organization to action and innovation.
Working at Nike is a unique opportunity and we are looking for a professional who is passionate about the Nike brand, energetic and proactive, and who thrives on working with data and technology. Are you ready to make a career-altering difference in driving one of the world's largest fitness brands to new digital heights?
- Use contemporary data science and analytics methods and tools to derive actionable insights for a subscription-based business.
- Analyze and profile content (workouts, editorial, guidance, etc.), physical activity, and digital product journey/pathing data to uncover insights in support of scalable solutions
- Collaborate with a team of data scientists, qualitative researchers, digital designers, engineers, and business stakeholders to take an opportunity or pain point from concept to a new feature or digital product
- Translate ambiguous statements into structured problem statements and testable hypotheses
- Create clear and structured deliverables to clearly communicate meaningful insights to a non-technical audience
- Develop trust and strengthen business adoption of your solutions with stakeholders
- Collaborate with data scientists and stakeholders to explore opportunities to develop data inspired solutions by developing and utilizing statistical modeling and machine learning algorithms
- Clean, prepare and verify the integrity of data for analysis
- Validate appropriate models to discover meaningful patterns and insights
- Track model accuracy, ensuring model relevance and reliability
- Create clear, user-friendly documentation to support business usage of the solution
- Stay abreast of and apply industry and technology trends as well as emerging tools and techniques relevant to discipline
- Participate in a continuous learning environment within the advanced analytics community through persistent development of new skills and sharing of knowledge through mentorships and contributions to the open source community
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, or related field.
- 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Experience working with real-world, structured and unstructured data
- Ability to work in multiple data environments and perform complex joins, data cleaning, and feature creation using SQL or SQL based languages (Hive) is required
- Core mathematical ability to understand and apply superb machine learning algorithms and/or statistical modeling in a programming language like R or Python to understand patterns and provide insights is required
- Experience with data visualization packages and tools
- Excellent communications skills, in particular, the ability to communicate technical content to general audience in presentation and meeting format
- The ability to think creatively with data, formulate and get tractions around new ideas, and bring a new perspective to business and engineering partners.
- Able to quickly pick up new programming languages, technologies, and frameworks
- In-depth background in mathematics, statistics, or a related field
- In-depth knowledge of applied data science
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and to multi-task across different functions of the business, and switch workstreams and handle many different levels of requests.
- Experience with Adobe Omniture Suite, Google Analytics, Tableau, or Optimizely is a plus
- Data science or advanced analytics applications in business with a subscription-based model (e.g. content platforms, gaming, etc.)
- Familiarity with digital optimization, A/B and multivariate test implementation, analysis and business reviews
- Executive level presentation and communication experience
- Consumer experience with Nike digital apps (NTC, NRC, SNKRS, Nike App)
- Knowledge of Nike's physical merchandise and company history.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Back to top