Salesforce Commerce Cloud Technical Lead
Become part of the Converse Team
Converse is a place to explore potential, break barriers and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Converse, it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving world to make things better as a team.
We Need Someone Who Speaks Computer
Computers have their own language. Which most of us don't speak. But you do. And we need your fluency. Let's face it. The modern world is shackled to computers so we need experts like yourself to keep us running. So come join our crew. You don't have to call yourself The Computer Whisperer but we might.
Converse was established in 1908 and is a brand with a deep connection to our consumers around the globe. We look to unleash their creative spirit by delivering compelling product and experiences. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Converse, it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
As the eCommerce Technical Solution Lead for Converse, you will be accountable for leading the definition and execution of in-house development and partner development across several capabilities. This will require a strong background in software development, DevOps methods, cloud-based application development, SaaS integration experience and a comfort with getting your hands dirty. Partnering with technology vendors will be key to successful growth in all aspects of technology delivery.
Converse Tech brings together technology and process expertise to create value for the consumer. We deliver one-stop, integrated process and technology capabilities that enable the businesses and brand worldwide. Our focus is on providing Lean solutions that eliminate waste, maximize consumer value, and drive profitable business growth.
As the eCommerce Technical Solution Lead , your role on the team will involve providing technical leadership and best practices to our development team responsible for the building and enhancing Converse.com. A strong candidate will have experience with leading development on a high-volume ecommerce site, solid experience with Salesforce Commerce Cloud (formerly Demandware), Service Cloud, and Marketing Cloud, and leveraging their knowledge of DevOps practices and other tools to help strengthen and evolve the team's practices. Your role on the team will include:
- Leading the design and development of technical solutions with our digital space that meet the needs of the business and aligns with architectural and quality standards
- Providing technical leadership to the Development team in designing & implementation of Salesforce Commerce Cloud solutions, including data modelling & handling, integration and performance
- Drive the evolution of development standards related to our eCommerce systems
- Mentors and develops the capabilities of developers on the eCommerce team.
- Thoroughly analyzes business requirements in effort to design and develop scalable, reliable, and performant solutions.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement in site performance and work with product team to establish plans to address
- Within the scope of a work assignment, collaborates with the product owners and assists with managing stakeholder expectations to ensure prompt and complete customer service.
- Functions independently with limited work direction.
What We're Looking For:
To make it clear, we're not looking for just anyone. We're looking for someone special, someone who had these experiences and clearly demonstrated these skills:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other relevant technology field and minimum of 6+ years of software development experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other relevant technology field and minimum of 6+ years of software development experience required
- 4+ years' experience with Salesforce Commerce Cloud/Demandware development including Strong knowledge of SFCC platform, ISML Expressions, SFCC architecture, design patterns & Web application servers required
- Expert of SiteGenesis storefront, jQuery event handling and frontend third party integrations required
- Understanding of all Administrative options/tasks/interfaces available in Business Manager including knowledge and creation of Job Schedules required
- Experience in design and development of third party (backend) integration like Address/shipping/tax validation, Payment authorization, CRM, OMS, etc. required
- Experience with integrating Commerce Cloud with other Salesforce Cloud solutions required
- Experience providing technical leadership to a team of developers including providing daily guidance, setting coding standards, and reviewing code required
- Experience designing solutions in collaboration with Architecture and Product Management team
- Agile experience required
- Salesforce Commerce Cloud / Demandware certification is preferred
- Experience with Devops and CI/CD practices
- Experience working with Analysts and Product Owners to provide technical feedback during story intake and creation
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- High motivation and passion to work in a fast, agile environment with the ability to adapt to change
Converse is more than a company; it's a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we're different.
Back to top