Retail Planner Liverpool
Collaborate with key stakeholders (internal and external) to build, align and deliver an actionable perspective on Market Risk and Opportunities at a store cluster/key styles level. Engage cross functional partners to align actions against the plans. Proactively manage and measure the business leveraging stock to store plans, gross-to-net plans and open-to-buy to drive sustainable profitable growth and healthy inventory.
- Drive Long Range Plans Based on Marketplace capacity inclusive of a stock to store plan that drives the gross to net.
- Align financial plans by utilizing strategic plans & profitability targets, sell through, store growth and marketplace information; share, demographics & consumer profile & insights.
- Inform Foresighting of line plans with long-range category plans and utilize Marketplace insights to identify long range growth opportunities.
- Identify potential opportunities and risks against plans; develop actionable recommendations for execution.
- Manage monthly open to buy forecast against plan hierarchy and levers; adjust plans as needed and review with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Scorecard weekly results to drive action against the plan.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Sales, Fashion, Marketing or a related field
- 3+ years' experience in Buying, Planning, Allocation and/or Vendor Sales for a multi-store retailer or Assortment Planning experience with other apparel / footwear wholesale organization; 2 years' additional experience in lieu of a degree.
- Comprehensive understanding of retail math.
- Experience in gross margin profitability planning.
- Ability to create monthly reports, style-level sales plans, track promotional calendar/events and pre-meeting prep.
- Strong and demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and influence others.
- Experience in developing an understanding of customers, competitors and retail trends; knowledge of sports apparel and footwear market preferred.
- Ability to interpret financial sales data to make decisions and recommendations that impact the business.
- Advanced knowledge of MS office applications; proficiency in Excel including creating spreadsheets, complex formulas, pivot tables, etc.
- Experience with planning software/tools and merchandise management systems is preferred.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment with multiple business functions.
- Strong team player and ability to work with the cross functional partners and senior management on all aspects of the business.
Back to top