Release Engineering Manager
- Shanghai, China
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
DESCRIPTIONAs the Release Engineering Manager, you will be part of the release engineering practice across several of our application teams. This broader team of release engineers serves our Digital, Corporate and Retail direct to consumer business. We work in a very fast moving, constantly changing environment and need people who are able to provide flexible, but reliable, self-service and easy to understand release automation to our teams.
In true Nike fashion, you will partner closely with engineering teams and technology partners across the engineering community to continually improve process, achieve efficiencies, and deliver quality product on schedule. Your role will also include working with cross functional teams to understand the technologies we plan to implement, setting direction for the team in collaboration with management, and championing change throughout the organization.
• Develop automation and operate tools to allow for efficient, reliable releases
• Independent owner of release engineering scope in Greater China, working in close collaboration with global team
• Strong influencer with ability to interact with senior leaders and stakeholders
• Proven ability to keep up with new technology and recommend hardware/software standards for global enterprise environments
• Work with engineering teams to design sustainable deployment, packaging, and automation systems
• Troubleshoot deployment and application issues
• Support CI and source control systems
• Top-notch communication and documentation skills
• Research-oriented and methodical approach to implementing solutions
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
• Solid understanding of configuration management and release engineering practice and procedures. DevOps/Continuous Delivery experience is a big plus.
• Experience with the following or similar technologies: Python, Ansible, Jenkins, Docker, Linux, MacOS, Splunk/NewRelic/Kibana.
• Broad experience with automation, orchestration, and continuous integration tools
• Experience with managing large environments
• 4+ years professional experience with at least 2 years in build and release engineering
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Back to top