Product Director - Merchandise Financial Planning and Line Planning
- Beaverton, OR
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The Demand and Supply Management (DSM) team is responsible for ensuring every Nike athlete is able to access the product they want when they want it. DSM is revolutionizing how planning is done across Nike by ensuring Consumer Demand is Nike Demand.
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team!
As a Director of Product Management, Merchandise Financial Planning and Line Planning, you will partner with Demand and Supply Management (DSM) and cross functional leaders to craft, influence and execute the strategy and vision for the future of some of NIKE's most critical planning products.
Demonstrating experience in digital product management, analytics, merchandising and demand planning, you will build innovative technical and analytic products for planners across the globe to make decisions on Nike's product line and financial plans. By identifying new product opportunities, evaluating the performance of existing products, and using Nike's strengths to deliver results, you are always on the offense. As a leader, you are thoughtful, aspirational, and adept at motivating teams through ambiguous situations to successful outcomes.
You can lead through complex technical challenges and tradeoffs, using advanced analytics and qualitative research to support your point of view. Your products are grounded in customer insights - prioritizing reducing friction for our biggest customer problems. You are a great collaborator - you will proactively build positive relationships across the Nike organization to launch your product, including functional partners and geography teams.
You will work both within the Nike DSM function, and across the broader organization including partnering closely with Nike Direct, Product Merchandising, Finance, Commercial Analytics and Technology to deliver solutions that solve critical business problems as Nike accelerates its Consumer Direct strategies.
- Product Strategy and Vision: Build and champion a market-informed product vision and strategy that supports Nike corporate objectives and long term goals.
- Product Lifecycle Management: Lead the end-to-end lifecycle of sophisticated products, from conception through launch to maturity.
- Product Roadmap Definition: Run a fluid intake and prioritization process to develop a product, feature and release roadmap based on business targets, in-depth data analysis, and a clear understanding of DSM needs.
- Prioritization: Effectively craft project plans based on priorities, setting clear, measurable objectives and deploying team resources appropriately to achieve business goals.
- Partner Management: Collaborate with partners to bring products to life. Remove obstacles and helps align the organization to achieve success.
- Communication: Clearly articulate the product roadmap, vision, priorities and requirements to multiple partners in both written and oral formats. Gather and incorporate feedback from a diverse range of partners including digital, technology, engineering, analytics, platform, business, and legal teams.
- Collaboration: Partner with Technology, Engineering, Design, Analytics, Business, and Product Management leaders throughout the product lifecycle to deliver efficient results and outcomes in line with customer needs.
- Industry Analysis: Continuously research and share relevant technology trends, market insights and best-of-breed competitor executions.
- Management: Lead multidisciplinary teams and enable success by removing obstacles and developing strategic relationships throughout the business. Cultivate and develop diverse talent within your direct reporting team to improve performance and results.
WHAT YOU BRING TO NIKE
- Minimum of 8 years of demonstrated ability in product management, software development, digital retail, or physical retail
- Outstanding data analytics and articulation skills
- Outstanding written/oral, organizational, analytical abilities, and attention to detail
- Clear, concise and persuasive communication style that compels to action
- Influencing skills, with experience engaging diverse set of cross-functional partners
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams
- History of developing and growing product management talent
- Experience leading priorities with third party vendors and key partners.
- History of making ambitious tradeoffs in establishing product priorities that have required sophisticated analyses and results-oriented decisions
- Strong project management skills and ability to present work to executive partners
- Comprehensive understanding of the market landscape, both through a technology and competitor lens
- Knowledge of digital and physical retail planning, merchandise planning and demand planning is a plus.
- BA/BS degree required, MBA preferred
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Back to top