Product Costing Finance Manager
- Boston, MA
Become part of the Converse Team
Converse is a place to explore potential, break barriers and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Converse, it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving world to make things better as a team.
Who Converse represents is who Converse hires. If you're one-of-a-kind, you should try us on.
As the Finance Manager, Costing for Converse, you will join one of the most iconic global consumer brands. You will be a key stakeholder in creating the right price-value relationship across Converse's Footwear, Apparel, and Accessories assortments. You will drive and facilitate decisions throughout the product creation process to deliver design's vision, athlete performance and Converse's profitability expectations. You will partner with and be a trusted advisor to a broad set of stakeholders across Innovation, Design, Product Creation, Merchandising, and Operations to actively manage cost drivers and create solutions that achieve product cost targets. You will be a people leader for the Costing function. You will inspire amd develop talent to achieve both business and team success.
• Partner cross-functionally to set Seasonal Margin Targets by Franchise and assist the Category and cross-functional teams in achieving these targets.
• Define and measure the financial impact of various product strategies and initiatives.
• Provide consultation to improve product profitability through the design, development, and implementation of product-process cost and profitability programs that enable categories/country to meet/exceed margin targets.
• Responsible for partnering with the manufacturing function to ensure that materials and processes for product creation are addressed in the most cost effective manner with goal of improving financial margins.
• Support the Global Costing Director and Categories in the development and evolution of an integrated long-term strategic agenda for Global Costing that supports financial and strategic expectations.
• In addition, you'll work towards streamlining processes and tools in respect to business planning, aiming to improve efficiencies without sacrificing quality
To succeed in the role, you must be a self-starter who can work with limited oversight. You must possess excellent analytical skills, attention to detail paired with the ability to see the bigger picture, a strong work ethic and a desire to continuously learn and help evolve the department and how we service our internal customers.
• Bachelor's degree in a business-related field with emphasis in finance or accounting
• MBA is a plus but not required
• Minimum of 6 years of experience in finance, cost or lean accounting, manufacturing, production, engineering, or product creation.
• Knowledge of footwear or apparel sourcing, processes and events from product concept
• Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills while being independent and resourceful
• Ability to communicate effectively with others and being resourceful in solving problems independently
• Advanced proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong information seeking skills and drive to make things happen
• Ability to exercise high degree of professionalism
• Innate desire to continuously explore, learn, and exercise intellectual curiosity
• Ability to pass a 7-year background investigation
Converse is more than a company; it's a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we're different.
Back to top