Procurement Director - Brand and Marketplace Greater China
- Shanghai, China
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc.'s relentless pursuit of product innovation and sustainable growth demands bold new ways of doing business - including supplier engagement. Stretching far beyond conventional sourcing, Nike Procurement secures the best supplier relationships to drive business success. The team maximizes the value and reach of the company's investments in external resources, including product materials, marketing services, digital tools, temporary labor, high-tech manufacturing equipment and other products and services to fuel business growth and sustainability.
Nike is a growth company. Our ambition is to bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world (and if you have a body, you're an athlete). Nike Procurement is no different. We Partner To Win. We have a bias towards serving the consumer personally, at scale. We partner with our suppliers, we partner with our business counterparts, we partner across our entire global procurement organization. This is how we keep on elevating the bar every year, creating strategic, exponential impact for Nike.
In order for us to complete our dynamic, talented, digital native and diverse team, we are looking for a Procurement Director to lead the Brand and Marketplace pillar in Greater China. This role will be the strategic partner to senior leadership of the Brand Marketing, Nike's Direct (omni-channel) and Sales organization and lead a team of Sourcing Managers and Analysts in the sourcing strategy development and execution for Greater China.
A deep subject matter expertise is not required across all the spend areas that the procurement Brand and Marketplace pillar are responsible but a general understanding of the following spend areas will be an advantage
Brand Marketing (Brand)
* Advertising (content creation and production)
* Performance Marketing
* Brand Media
* Integrated Retail marketing (seasonal and 365 campaigns in store and on-line)
* Brand Events
* Store Construction (Capital investments in Nike stores e.g. Construction and FF&E)
* Store SG&A (including spend in bank fees, facilities management and store supplies)
* Digital Marketplaces and/or 3P retail channels
* Digital Operations
This role will report to the Senior Director Procurement Greater China and dotted line to Senior Director Global Brand & Marketplace Pillar. You will be responsible for:
* Developing and executing strategies for Greater China based on overall procurement objectives, supply market dynamics, technological changes in the marketplace and other relevant factors.
* Working in conjunction with stakeholders to identify value opportunities
* Experience in developing complex strategies that connect Nike's key cities to territory to geo and global, including a very wide spread of stakeholders (Sales/MPD, Nike Direct, NSO/NSP/NFS, Brand, Digital Strategic Partnerships, NDE, MPO, and more)
* Leading negotiations and drive for the best optimized value proposition (life-cycle management, TCO, innovation, speed & risk mitigation)
* Driving your sourcing strategy through an analytical, data driven category approach with attention to detail.
* Demonstrating excellent negotiation and strong decision making skills, while making decisions that are consistent with the overall mission and goals of Global Procurement.
* Identifying and finalize target savings for your category while managing and fostering key relationships with the Nike Direct, Sales & Marketing teams
* Delivering year-to-year value creation
* Lead, Coach, Drive and Inspire a team of 6 FTEs, from junior to very experienced individuals
* Be able to pivot between Key Cities, Geos functions and Global agendas to have an optimal impact for Nike.
So, if you have several years of experience in Indirect Procurement, Strategic Sourcing and/or Category Management we need to know of you. If you can bring a great interest in working for a truly empowered organization
Requirements for the position include:
* MBA or advanced degree is preferred.
* 10 to 15 years' relevant work experience in Procurement, Consulting, Strategic Sourcing and/or Category Management;
* 7 to 10 years' people management experience, working cross culturally
* Global perspective and experience in sourcing and procurement processes, supply base and best practices
* Proven experience of managing VP/GM stakeholder relationships
* Experience in spend management practices such as demand management, compliance management, supplier collaboration and/or performance management
* Strong leadership, influencing and communication skills gained across a range of cultural environments
* Demonstrated experience consulting with business partners, including independently identifying business partner needs, developing action plans, identifying deliverables, and presenting results.
Nike offers an exceptional career development potential globally, a total compensation package including a competitive base salary and bonus opportunity, an inspiring work environment and a comprehensive relocation package to foreign hires.
Nike and Nike's "Swoosh" brand trademark is one of the most widely recognized brands around the globe. Through exceptional merchandising and marketing Nike has become the leading sports business in the world. The company, headquartered in Beaverton, Oregon, is engaged in the design, development and worldwide marketing of footwear, apparel, equipment and accessory products.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Back to top