Principal Solutions Architect - Analytics
- Beaverton, OR
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
If you're ready to innovate and lead in the Solution Architecture space, join Nike's Enterprise Architecture organization! You will be part of an organization that is revolutionizing Nike technology platforms and architecting a technology landscape that is simplified, modern, flexible and will ultimately enable Nike on its journey to 2020 and beyond.
The Principal Analytics Architect will provide leadership in architectural planning and in driving solutions across multiple domains/ solution areas, contributing to the future success of the business through innovations in technology.
A person in this role will be responsible for leading opportunity identification and analysis, problem definition, and overseeing the development and deployment of advanced analytic tools and methods within the Enterprise Architecture organization.
This role, along with engineering leaders within Analytics will lead and contribute to the definition of an overarching analytics strategy and architecture that will align analytics investments with the highest impact areas, while producing a suite of complementary models, tools, and technologies
The ideal candidate for this role will have a passion for all things data and analytics and a unique ability to provide strategic advantage for Nike through innovative solutions.
• Evangelize break through analytics solutions through adoption of big data, cloud native technologies, Machine learning and Data Science
• Partner with Product and Engineering leadership to establish an architectural plan across multiple solution areas, in consideration of the product roadmaps
• Participate in design and engineering of analytics solutions that have significant strategic impact and achieve long term competitive advantage for Nike.
• Embrace and influence domain driven design and architecture principles of security, scale, uptime and reliability
• Partner with business leaders to provide expert technical advice and influence strategic decision making
• Guide and mentor engineering teams to raise collective technical expertise
• Demonstrate a strong bias for architecture principles balanced with tactical timelines, cost and risks
• Contribute to architecture guiding principles, development standards, training and hiring
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Business Information Management
• 3+ years in technology architect roles
• 5+ years providing technical leadership to technical, business & cross-functional teams
• 7+ years in hands-on data or analytics engineering
• Strong understanding of data and analytics solution architecture, including experience with Big Data, Relational databases, streaming and batch data processing,
• Experience with leading enterprise cloud/virtual architectures like AWS, Microsoft Azure, Open Stack, JIE, etc.
• A solid understanding and experience of the principles and operations of high volume, variety and velocity business intelligence, data warehousing, reporting and analytics platforms with a proven background and record in architecture and implementation of applications, integrating with OLTP and 3rd party systems
• Working knowledge of statistical and predictive modeling concepts and disciplines
• Demonstrated track record of leading within complex organizations requiring strong influence management skills - ability to work cooperatively at all levels in matrix environment
• Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills with ability to facilitate technology strategy, requirements and architecture conversations with all stakeholders (management, business users, and technology resources)
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Back to top