Principal Solution Architect - Planning
- Beaverton, OR
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
The Enterprise Architecture team partners and engages with business and technology leaders across all business functions within the enterprise in planning, crafting, maintaining and executing a capability roadmap aligned to the overall company and functional strategies to ensure that the people, process, data insights/information, and technology needs are accurately captured and planned for short, medium and long-term execution.
As a Principal Solution Architect for Planning, you will collaborate with a team of Solution Architects embedded in Nike's Merchandising and Planning and Capabilities bringing your passion for Planning, Supply Chain, and Technology. The technical strategy and architecture we build will have a direct impact on Nike's Digital Transformation strategy!
We will engage, collaborate and partner with Nike's End-to-End Planning and Supply Chain leaders and partners across Business and Technology to understand long and short-term business strategies, provide thought leadership, and engage in proactive planning of an executable Design.
PRINCIPAL SOLUTION ARCHITECT - PLANNING RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with a team of Planning and Supply Chain Solution Architects to build an End-to-End Planning strategy and Architecture in partnership with Line Planning and Merchandising, Demand Planning, Supply, Material & Inventory Planning business and technical specialists
- Drive Planning architectural strategy with hands-on leadership in ideation and implementation
- Deliver solution designs, recommendations, and options based on business capability roadmaps and requirements following API first model, enterprise security standards and reference architectures
- Lead solution optioning and recommendations around sophisticated business problems
- Ensure architecture alignment across domains and enabling functions (verticals and horizontals)
- Lead, build, manage, and improve solution architectures to drive enablement of the longer-term roadmap
- Provide technology mentorship and insight to business & technology Domain leaders
- Provide experienced technical advice to domain delivery teams
- Drive and facilitate the right discussions that determine solutions in relation to current and future technology landscape
- Maintain awareness of vendor products and industry developments and trends to identify potential impacts and benefits to the Domain
- Present recommendations and solutions clearly and concisely focusing on key points to portray the intended message or purpose based on audience
- Facilitate development and implementation of architecture principles and technology standards within the assigned Domain and across the Enterprise; ensuring architecture alignment across domains
- Drive alignment with corporate strategies through strong business and technical thought leadership
WHAT YOU BRING TO NIKE
- Must have strong experience with Planning/Supply Chain solutions (experience in one or more areas: Demand Planning, Supply/Material Planning, Inventory Forecasting & Management)
- Experience driving a decoupled, composable platform architecture to enable planning capabilities at scale
- Experience incorporating analytics-driven forecasts into Planning solutions
- Familiarity with Supply Chain functions (Operations and Logistics, Order Management, Procurement)
- 8+ years combined hands-on architecture and/or senior engineering experience with public cloud, distributed computing, commercial off-the-shelf (COTS), and custom developed solutions
- 3+ years of experience developing strategy, E2E Solution architecture and crafting technology roadmaps
- Large enterprise experience including global experience with solution delivery
- Domain Driven Design (DDD) and agile development experience preferred
- Design and implementation experience with cloud platform providers such as Azure, AWS and/or other cloud providers
- Ability to articulate and detail architectural decisions and roadmaps at a senior executive level
- Demonstrated track record of leading within complex organizations requiring strong influence leadership skills - ability to work collaboratively at all levels in a matrixed environment
- Outstanding teamwork, listening, written and verbal communication skills with ability to facilitate technology strategy, requirements and architecture conversations with all partners (management, business users, and technology resources)
- Self-starter with high motivation and passion to thrive & adapt in a constantly evolving, fast-paced environment
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Back to top