Principal Solution Architect - Employee Experience
- Beaverton, OR
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
If you're ready to innovate and lead in the Solution Architecture space, join Nike's Enterprise Architecture organization! You will be part of an organization that is revolutionizing Nike technology platforms and architecting a technology landscape that is simplified, modern, flexible and will ultimately enable Nike on its journey to 2020 and beyond!
The Solution Architecture team will partner and engage directly with business and technology leaders across the Domain in planning, crafting, maintaining and executing solutions that are aligned to the roadmaps and architectural principles established by enterprise architecture. As a Solution Architect, you will be part of a highly visible team passionate about aligning strategic objectives with tactical demands. You will deliver solution approaches that clearly describe the different views of an architecture required for implementation.
This role will engage, collaborate and partner with various functional leaders, technical leaders and executive partners to understand long and short term business and technology strategies, provide thought leadership and engage in proactive planning of an executable technology roadmap. These roadmaps will address the strategic and tactical business and technology priorities as well as challenges and intended business outcomes. You'll establish the practice of Solution Architecture within Nike and will bring broad experiences in driving quality & consistency in solution architecture approaches and deliverables enterprise wide.
- Develops solution options, recommendations, designs based on Corporate Functions (Employee Experience and HR) roadmaps/requirements, enterprise security standards and reference architectures
- Drives and facilitates the right discussions that identify business solutions in relation to current and future technology landscape
- Creates and maintains solution and technology inventories.
- Works closely with architects and engineering to deliver solution architecture artifacts needed for solution architecture approach deliverable
- Ensures architecture alignment across domains and enabling functions (verticals and horizontals)
- Works closely with Reference Architecture and Enterprise Platform teams to drive prioritization of needed capabilities
- Advocate and drive adoption of "best practices" to ensure standardization of solution architecture outputs across the enterprise
- Alignment with corporate strategies through strong business and technical thought leadership
- Effectively manage priorities, work and timelines with little need for escalation
WHAT YOU BRING TO NIKE
• 7+ years of experience in performing the responsibilities of solution architecture and technology roadmap creation
• 6+ years combined hands-on engineering experience with public cloud, distributed computing, commercial off-the-shelf (COTS), and custom developed solutions
• Experience designing solutions with Employee Engagement/Social sharing tools like Workvivo
• Experience designing solutions with Employee Collaboration/Productivity tools like Slack and Box
• Hands-on coding experience with Java, Node and/or python
• Experience with AWS or Azure
• Strong facilitation skills and experience in managing senior stakeholder relationship, partnership and interactions
• Experience with API Design and Modeling
Nice to have
• Experience with HR solutions like HCM or Workday
• Experience building custom Employee communication solutions and/or Intranet
• Experience crafting HR Analytics solutions
• Experience with continuous integration, unit testing, static analysis, and automated integration tests. Continuous delivery experience preferred
• Solid understanding of Scrum and Agile principles
• Experience with Domain Driven Design
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Back to top