Principal Software Engineer
- Beaverton, OR
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for an experienced Principal Engineer to be part of a mission critical team passionate about building a high-throughput, low-latency, fault-tolerant supply chain platform that drives Nike's Digital transformation and growth strategies. The Principal Engineer serves as a technical expert for multiple software engineering teams.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON?
Support mission critical platforms across Inventory, Order Management, Fulfillment, and Logistics. The squad you support will own multiple microservice based platforms that use inhouse solutions or best of breed third party packages to deliver value to our consumers. You will build distributed system designs, RESTful APIs and infrastructure via code.
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH?
You will work with globally distributed teams across product, program, architecture and engineering. You will help your squads collaborate with other squads to deliver end to end solutions. You will partner with architects and other teams to ensure that the ecosystem of services remains loosely coupled and independently scalable. You will report into the Director of Engineering for your capability area.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- A minimum of 10 years software development experience
- Expertise in a Supply Chain domain areas like inventory management, order management, logistics management, or warehouse management
- Leadership / mentorship in a highly collaborative, multi-discipline software development team environment
- Experience working in a distributed/cloud-based environment (e.g. Amazon EC2, GCE, Rackspace, Azure, etc.)
- Experience crafting and implementing highly scalable web applications
- Experience in micro service architecture, domain driven design, and RESTful Services using languages such as Java, Node, Scala, or Python
- Experience working with NoSQL data stores like Cassandra, DynamoDB, or MongoDB
- Experience working with relational data stores like MySQL and Oracle
- Experience with monitoring and tracing tools like Splunk, SignalFx, and New Relic
- Experience with continuous integration (CI), unit testing, static analysis, and automated integration tests (continuous delivery (CD) experience is preferred)
- Exposure to any enterprise packages like SAP S4, IBM Sterling, Manhattan OMS, or others including custom / proprietary solutions
- Solid understanding of Scrum and Agile principles is desired
- Comfortable working with globally distributed and diverse teams
- Dedication to and hands-on experience in performing technical code reviews
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other relevant subject area is required; Master's degree is desirable
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Back to top