Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Who are we looking for
We are looking for a principal data scientist to help drive the data science roadmap and execution in support of Nike's digital experiences. These experiences include Nike.com and the Nike app in the United States, China, Europe, and around the globe. Today, the Digital Experiences Data Science team focuses on using machine learning for search relevance and product recommendations. This will a key role in expanding beyond search and recommendations, towards leveraging data and data science in every part of a member's digital journey from onboarding to checkout!
What will you work on
- Be a super senior individual contributor who both executes on data science projects and mentors data scientists across Nike who are earlier in their careers.
- Build cutting edge machine learning models that improve Nike's digital experiences, from onboarding to checkout.
- Work on cross-functional squads that include data scientists, data engineers, analysts, and product managers.
- Be an active participant and source of inspiration within the broader data science community at Nike and contribute to a culture of learning.
You will be a key member of the Digital Experiences Data Science team, reporting to the Sr Director of Digital Experiences Data Science. Digital Experiences Data Science is part of Nike's Consumer Data Science sub-function and Consumer Insights function. So you will also be a member of the broader science community at Nike, and participate in our data science labs, study groups, team activities, as well as attend conferences.
What you bring
- Expert level knowledge in data science, whether from an economics, statistics, or computer science background and POV.
- Track record of successfully developing and deploying machine learning models.
- Strong coding skills, with experience working in Python and Amazon AWS preferred.
- Experience working in cross-functional, agile squads with engineers and product managers. Desire to work collaboratively and in a diverse team.
- Familiarity with recent research published in leading data science conferences.
- Desire to mentor other data scientists who are earlier in their careers.
- Product and entrepreneurial mindset.
- Bachelors degree or higher or Combination of relevant education, experience and training
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.