Occupational Health Nurse
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The NIKE, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accountants, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide - making the impossible happen every single day.
The nurse is the key to the coordination of a holistic, multidisciplinary approach to the delivery of safe, quality, and comprehensive occupational and environmental health programs and services for two Nike DC's based in TN and one future DC in MS.
Position serves as the primary nurse for the distribution center. Activities include: evaluation and follow-up for employees who have been injured in the workplace; serves as case manager for occupational injuries/illnesses and the return-to-work process; ensuring that facility meets the requirements of the Tennessee Occupational Safety and Health Act; serves as an employee advocate related to health care & treatment; provides direct nursing care to patient population; counsels employees in illness, injury management & prevention; assists in the administration of the Family & Medical Leave Act; maintains error-free medical records.
- Clinical and primary care, including assessment, diagnosis, management, and documentation of occupational and non-occupational illness and injury.
- Case management for occupational and non-occupational illnesses and injuries.
- Conduct Medical Examinations.
- Provide direct care for the treatment of occupational injuries and illnesses using established medical protocols and refer for further evaluation or treatment as necessary.
- Actively manage all worker's compensation and short-term disability cases which includes the initial processing of documents, consulting with insurance carriers and medical providers while continually monitoring the employee's recovery process in an effort to accelerate the return to work process and reduce costs.
- Medical management and return-to-work of injured employees, and those on LOA.
- Work with local HR Manager to aid in FMLA management and administration.
- Monitor medical care of injured employees treated off-site to facilitate better and timelier care.
- Act as medical liaison with Clinics (regarding diagnosis and treatment efficacy).
- Identification and early intervention of work-related and non-work-related issues, helping to differentiate and guide the employee.
- Perform occupational health surveillance testing including pulmonary function testing, audiometric testing, vision screening, etc.
- Medical monitoring of employees working with ergonomic problem areas.
- First Aid Kit/Treatment management.
- Implement the Nike Wellness Program.
- In-house vaccinations (Flu, Hepatitis, Travel Packs, etc.).
- Assist with Pandemic contingency planning.
- Bloodborne Pathogens/CPR/AED in house training and Hepatitis B vaccinations.
- Health hazard assessment and surveillance of worker populations, workplaces, and community groups.
- Investigation, monitoring, and analysis of illness and injury episodes and trends, as well as methods to promote and protect worker health and safety.
- Compliance with laws, regulations, and standards governing health and safety for workers and the environment.
- Assist with management and administration of occupational and environmental health services.
- Health promotion and disease prevention strategies.
- Counseling, health education, and training programs using adult learning approaches.
- Current license to practice as a registered nurse or vocational nurse in Tennessee or Missippi
- 3-5 years experience in occupational health nursing.
- 3-5 years experience in Worker's Compensation.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations that govern worker's compensation and environmental health and safety in Tennessee.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and manage Medical records for HIPPA laws.
- Excellent problem-solving techniques and quantitative analytical skills.
- Must understand and culitvate a diverse workforce.
- Experience in case management.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification experience.
- Pulmonary Function Testing training experience.
- Knowledge of Audiometric Testing experience.
- 1+ years of experience in areas such as urgent care, critical care, emergency room, adult medical/surgical nursing.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills, attentive to details, work well under pressure and able to meet deadlines required.
- Demonstrated ability to work at all levels of the organization and with people of various backgrounds, experience, and education levels.
- Ability to accept change, and promote other's ideas, motivate employees, build and maintain trusting relationships and stay focused.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively train personnel both in person and in virtual settings.
- Highly effective written and verbal communication, time management, and organization skills.
- Ability to work with high degree of independence while managing upward communication to management.
- This position may require working extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- At times, may require being outside during adverse weather.
- May be exposed to a high noise level for extended periods of time, related to equipment or production.
- This position works in a dynamic industrial environment and requires the ability to walk and work in all parts of the distribution warehouse and outside during all weather conditions, as necessary to perform the function of the role.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Back to top