NFS RETAIL PLANNER
PRE - SEASON
- Partner with Inline and Sales Retail Planning to identify seasonal products that pose the greatest risk to closeout inventory availability (excess and shortages) to influence rebuy depth & breadth decisions.
- Develop Rebuy Assortment framework and build style/color plans aligned to profitable and productive revenue, margin and inventory plans.
- Determine style depth, breath and flow tied to financial plans.
IN - SEASON
- Drive in season actions (territory inventory chase, EPR, POS & Markdowns) to maximize revenue margin and inventory productivity
- Strategize closeout assortment in partnership with allocation team.
POST - SEASON
- Provide insights and recommendations to key stakeholders on assortment performance metrics (revenue, margin, inventory & st%)
- Take action on carry-over, end of-season markdowns and liquidation
EXPERIENCE (Years in role, specific knowledge, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Sales, Fashion, Marketing or a related field
- 3+ years' experience in Buying, Planning, Allocation and/or Vendor Sales for a multi-store retailer or Assortment Planning experience with other apparel / footwear wholesale organization; 2 years' additional experience in lieu of a degree
- Comprehensive understanding of retail math
- Experience in gross margin profitability planning
- Ability to create monthly reports, style-level sales plans, track promotional calendar/events and pre-meeting prep
- Strong and demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and influence others
- Experience in developing an understanding of customers, competitors and retail trends; knowledge of sports apparel and footwear market preferred
- Ability to interpret financial sales data to make decisions and recommendations that impact the business
- Advanced knowledge of MS office applications; proficiency in Excel including creating spreadsheets, complex formulas, pivot tables, etc.
- Experience with planning software/tools and merchandise management systems is preferred
- Ability to work in a matrix environment with multiple business functions
Back to top