Manager, Tax Technical Accounting and Reporting
As a Nike Manager, Tax Technical Accounting and Reporting you will be a key member of the Income Tax Accounting Team. In this role you will be assisting with the preparation and review of NIKE's world-wide income tax provision in accordance with ASC 740, with a strong focus on NIKE's international operations. You will work closely with the Tax Technical Accounting and International Tax Teams. Your responsibilities will include the preparation of and managing of the quarterly effective tax rate forecast process for both in-year and out -year business forecasts, including internal and external rate deliverables and preparation of and managing of the quarterly effective tax rate reconciliation. You will support the technical accounting function, researching and documenting the ASC 740 implications of business transactions, tax planning initiatives and complex income tax accounting issues. You will work closely with others across the Tax and Finance functions.
A high degree of accuracy and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines in a time sensitive environment is preferred. You must be able to successfully develop priorities, coordinate complex projects, and develop and implement solutions to difficult problems.
You will demonstrate leadership in motivating employees and improving team spirit and consensus. To ensure that we continue to hire qualified, ethical, trustworthy team members, all candidates must successfully complete a thorough background investigation prior to receiving any offer of employment from Nike.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field, with an emphasis in Accounting desired
- CPA and/or Advanced Degree desired
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in corporate taxation of multinational businesses in large corporate and/or public accounting environments
- Excellent international tax skills a plus.
- Experience with ASC 740 reporting
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent accounting skills
- Advanced computer skills including experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook.
- Excellent data analytic skills/ ability to work with and interpret large data volume.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding project ownership skills
- Experience with accounting and tax preparation software including SAP and Corptax is preferred
- Self-starter and diligent problem solver
- Comfortable supporting meetings for large groups
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively guide internal and external clients
- Ability to plan and organize work for self and others
- Ability to think critically in tight deadlines
Back to top