Lead Software Engineer - Inventory Operations
- Beaverton, OR
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
Nike Global Technology brings together technology and process expertise to create value for the consumer. We deliver one-stop, integrated process and technology capabilities that enable Nike, Inc.'s businesses and brands worldwide. Our focus is on providing Lean solutions that eliminate waste, maximize consumer value, and drive profitable business growth.
Be an Advocate & Technology Leader
• Evolve S&IP Technology Best Practices.
• Build strong and effective partnerships with Tech Leaders and Architects across the Function.
• Provide KPIs for Monthly Business Reviews.
• Advocate DevOps practices and mindset.
Lead and Deliver Technology Products
• Full stack application development with emphasis on distributed systems concepts.
• Implement Micro service architecture principles and practices.
• Implement technologies associated with service-oriented computing and service engineering.
• Design, develop, review code, and deploy cloud-based solutions.
• Collaborate with Product leaders to understand requirements to define scope and estimate level of effort.
• Drive engineering activities from designing through deployment while adhering to established Architectural guidelines and principles.
• Collaborate with other stake holders in evolving Planning technical platforms, technology stalk and solutions to meet demand of our ever-changing consumer needs.
• Provide insights for developing and communicating Technology Strategy and roadmap; ensure alignment to Planning technology strategies.
• Lead and prioritize the product backlog on an ongoing basis and lead work through Agile practices.
• Ensure that Engineers on the team have the full context and understanding of customers and business requirements to create valuable solutions.
• Help build an effective team and partnership with stakeholders.
• Lead, mentor, and inspire Engineering team; managing work and delivering high performing solutions.
• Diverse experience in development of applications using cloud providers like AWS, Microsoft Azure.
• Experience in working with Containers, Serverless and Big data computation.
• Experience in implementation of APIs using Rest and Graphql.
• Diverse experience in databases, designs, constructs, and utilities.
• Experience in working with IBM TM1 solution to support inventory management planning.
• Ability to create Data pipelines and reusable libraries for data transformations.
• Experience in applying pattern-based architecture, governance, security, and global process standards to system changes and deployments
• Strong experience in the CI/CD and automated deployment of code across environment.
• Perform relational or multi-dimensional data warehousing using various ETL and BI reporting tools.
• Work on dimensional modelling to design and develop STAR schemas by identifying the facts and dimensions.
• Ability to create/modify scripts to manipulate data and structures as needed to meet business requirements.
• Ability to Create automate unit tests, regression and integration test for cloud solutions.
• Ability to efficiently and effectively apply our SDLC to promote requirements understanding, minimize rework and build trust in solutions with customers and end users
• Experience in full life-cycle solution delivery projects (more than 10 people, longer than 6 months).
• Thought leadership in establishing, maintaining, and applying code/configuration standards and best practices to build in quality at the source
• Experienced in application and system performance monitoring and tuning to achieve desired results.
• Highly experienced in developing, testing, debugging, and tuning complex solutions.
• Experience in practicing Devops principles for observability, Reliability and scalability.
• Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills.
• Passion for building trust, coaching, teaching, mentoring and learning.
• Commitment to and hands-on experience in leading/performing technical quality reviews and test-driven development.
WHAT YOU BRING TO NIKE
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or other relevant subject area
• 6+ years of professional experience in IT (2 years additional experience in lieu of a degree)
• 6+ years hands on experience in Application design, development & testing
• 6+ years' working as an engineer in a complex matrix organization within a global IT environment having diverse and complex landscape.
• 2+ years of experience with source code maintenance using tools such as Git or SVN software repositories
• 2+ years of experience with cloud providers like AWS, Microsoft azure.
• 2+ years' mentoring, governing, and supporting 2 or more Junior developers concurrently (preferred)
• Experience building API's and data pipelines.
• Experience with IBM TM1 application suite.
• Experience working as a senior engineer on multiple projects and business functions in both large (1-year+ projects) and small projects (>3 months)
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical IT teams
• Ability to pass a 7-year background investigation
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Back to top