Lead Software Engineer - Data Capture, Privacy
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
At Nike, we understand that it takes a lifetime to build consumer trust and a moment to lose it. We work hard to earn and maintain that trust every single day - by treating our consumers with respect, and by delivering world-class, innovative products and experiences that are useful, intuitive, and exceed their expectations. Nike's Global Privacy Team is critical to building and maintaining that trust. We collaborate with business partners to ensure respect for consumer data and privacy are embedded within every product and experience. We help teams understand the importance of privacy while giving thoughtful, clear, and actionable guidance.
NIKE, Inc. is on a mission to evolve our digital business and our Global Privacy Team. We're looking for world-class talent to join our diverse, passionate, and purpose-driven team. If you're dynamic, action-oriented, collaborative, thoughtful, and have deep technical privacy experience, you'll fit right in with the team that helps Nike earn and deserve consumer trust.
We are a growing team with a large impact. Together, we are building a consistent instrumentation process that allows Nike to improve its services and experiences based on insights inspired by data. We are looking for lead front end engineering talent like you to contribute to this journey.
- Develop front end and back end systems to ensure Nike is collecting and honoring user permissions and privacy from capture / ingestion to storage
- Partnering with a verity of engineering teams including platform, privacy and experience teams
- Consuming APIs and partnering with development teams to ensure our use cases and captured
- Leading the technical design and solutions for data capture related to internal privacy initiatives
- Perform code reviews with team members
- 7+ years professional engineering experience primarily focused on Java
- Degree in computer science or related field
- Experience consuming API's using Java or similar object oriented programming language
- Passion for Consumer Privacy
- Ability to learn new technologies, assess privacy exposure and recommend mitigation
- Experience with streaming and big data a plus
- Demonstrable test driven coding skills using tools like Jest and Mocha
- Advanced knowledge of the DOM
- Experience using Git for version control
- Experience working in an Agile team including Scrum, Kanban, Jira etc.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Back to top