Lead Software Engineer - Allocation Management & Optimization
- Beaverton, OR
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
Do you want to be a part of Nike's journey to become a world-class organization focused on helping Nike optimize demand and supply to serve consumers with world-class responsiveness? Do you love innovating and challenging yourself to be the best technologist you can be? If so, come join Nike's Global Technology in Demand and Supply Management!
As a Lead Software Engineer you will be instrumental in driving technical designs and requirements. You will lead by example in setting good development practices and be an advocate of new technology. You will mentor and guide other software engineers within the team. You will work closely with Architects and other tech leads to make sure all solutions adhere to existing guidelines and principles and assist in evolving our processes to continuously improve. You will partner with the engineering and product managers to deliver innovative software solutions. A successful candidate will be a proven leader with excellent communication and relationship building skills in addition to current, hands-on coding skills.
Nike does more than outfit the world's best athletes. We are a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. We're looking for people who can grow, think, dream and create. We thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and rewards imagination. We seek achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it's about bringing what you have to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
WHAT YOU BRING TO NIKE
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other relevant subject area
• 8+ years of professional experience in IT (2 years' additional experience in lieu of a degree)
• 6+ years hands on experience in design, development & testing in Java/NodeJS or similar.
• Hands-on Experience working with various Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure)
• Strong advocate of DevOps, and hands-on experience with DevOps tools and test automation
• Strong skills in team leadership and building collaborative relationships with team members and stakeholders
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both technical and business-facing
• Solid computer science fundamentals, including algorithms and data structures
• Fluent in modern software architectural principles and patterns (REST, domain-driven design, microservices, etc.)
• Have experience with APIs and containers as well as Docker and Jenkins
• Have basic Linux and command line skills
• We're looking for someone special, someone who had these experiences and clearly demonstrated these skills.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Back to top