Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for experienced Lead Software Engineer to join our team at Nike Global Technology hub in Gdansk, Poland. Join us if you have willingness to learn new technologies, share knowledge and learn from others. You feel responsible for the success of the entire team. You are not afraid to work on challenging tasks if necessary and look for opportunities to help others, who may not be part of your team. Desired leader can accept ambiguous requirements and derive from it or define its clarity with the team. S/He can operate in a constantly evolving environment and is not untethered by prior technical decisions. Ideal candidate is capable of teaching and mentoring other team members such that the team's collective acumen is constantly growing.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON?
As a member of the AIML Platform team, you will be leading a fast pace engineering squad developing services and platform that drive AI/ML activities at Nike. Our AIML Platform team of Software & DevOps Engineers builds services, tools and libraries that help Data Scientists bring their models faster from development phase to scalable, performant and reliable production solution.
We would also be pleased to invite you to help us building Nike Global Technology Poland Competence Center location from technical (but not only this) perspective .
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH?
You will join a supportive and well-organized team that values different opinions. You will work with people who are eager to learn new things and share their knowledge. You are going to work with all product stakeholders to deliver better user experiences.
WHAT YOU BRING TO NIKE
• 4+ years of professional software development experience in Python or Golang
• Experience with Kubernetes and the broader container ecosystem
• Experience with container-native machine learning ecosystem such as Kubeflow
• Experience with AWS services (i.e. EC2, S3, DynamoBD, EMR, SageMaker) or other public cloud services (Google, Microsoft, etc.)
• Knowledgeable about machine learning (concepts and application)
• Knowledge about open-source ML & statistical frameworks (TensorFlow, PyTorch, R)
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills in technical and non-technical areas
• Technical leadership competencies
• Being a good team player
Bonus points for:
If you have experience in developing and using RESTful APIs (preferably micro-services), working with of the following technologies: Scala, Spark, Terraform, Airflow or Databricks ecosystem, that's even better - as we are building the team in collaboration with Data Scientists and AI&ML Engineers from peer organizations. If you haven't - it's still OK - we will support you to get up to speed .
WHAT NIKE OFFERS
We are committed to providing inclusive and impactful benefits to our teammates. Our industry competitive benefits start on your first day of employment:
• Relocation support if you are moving to Gdansk area from a different part of Poland or from another country
• Health & Well-Being benefits: Sports costs covered, Fully subsidized medical plan including eligible dependents.
• Summer hours which allow employees to leave the office on Friday at noon all Summer long!
• Performance Sharing Plan
• Learning benefits: Language training and online courses
• Financial Benefits: Group Life Insurance, Disability & Accident Insurance
• Company Product Discount
• Casual and international work environment
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team