Lead Software Engineer
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
As the Lead Software Engineer for Go-to-Market Solutions, your role on the team will involve providing technical leadership and direction to a team building high-performing web applications. Our team is a highly productive, Agile team focused on delivering value for our business partners. We are looking for experienced candidates who thrive in this type of environment. Your role on the team will include:
- Leads the design and development of a technical solution that meets the needs of the business and aligns with architectural and quality standards, and effectively integrates solutions delivered with adjacent and tertiary solutions/technologies.
- Independently identifies, defines, directs, and/or performs analysis to resolve complex, first time issues in his or her area(s) of expertise.
- Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems, including coding, testing, debugging, and installing for a small- to mid-scale systems.
- Ensures the effective performance of assigned product(s) and their integration with adjacent solutions/technologies.
- Develops working knowledge of tertiary domains.
- Provides leadership to the product team, delivering a vision for work requirements for the quarter.
- Designs the scope of sprints within the quarter.
- Has the vision for the scope of sprints within the quarter.
- Mentors and develops the capabilities of team members.
- Conducts technical assessments of team members and provides feedback on performance as necessary.
- Conducts technical interviews of candidates as needed.
- Ensures knowledge sharing within the team and across teams
- Conducts complete diagnoses of business problems, working with colleagues in the business to define the scope of the solution and desired outcomes.
- Within the scope of a work assignment, collaborates with the product owner and assists with managing stakeholder expectations and ensuring prompt and complete customer service.
- Functions independently with limited work direction.
- Selects tools and methodologies for the product.
- Commits to deliverables with customers and/or management.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other relevant technology field and minimum of 5 years directly relevant work experience
- 5+ years' experience with Java development
- Experience providing leadership to a team of developers including providing daily guidance, setting coding standards, and reviewing code
- Experience designing solutions in collaboration with Architecture and the Development team
- Agile experience
- Experience with Devops practices , including CI/CD (Jenkins or Circle CI preferred)
- Experience working with Cloud technologies, AWS preferred
- Expertise in writing REST APIs using NodeJS
- Infrastructure as code with any of:
- Swagger Doc
- Deep experience with Performance testing and monitoring (Gatling, Benchmark, New Relic, Splunk, etc.)
- Strong commitment to application and data security
- Experience building and maintaining eCommerce sites preferred
- Experience working with Analysts, Product Owners and Leadership to provide technical feedback during story intake and creation
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- High motivation and passion to work in a fast, agile environment with the ability to adapt to change
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Back to top