Lead Product Manager
- Beaverton, OR
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
Who are we looking for:
We are looking for a premier Lead Product Manager to lead the consumer data offense and advance our data and analytics capabilities to power personalization, membership, web and app experiences.
Demonstrating strong experience in digital product management and analytics, you will harness consumer data to build innovative technology and data products. As a leader, you are thoughtful, aspirational, and adept at motivating teams through ambiguous situations to successful outcomes. You will lead advancement of consumer data products and platforms using advanced analytics and qualitative research to support your point of view. You are a great collaborator - you will proactively build positive relationships across the organization to launch product and features, including functional partners and geography teams.
Who will you work with:
As product leader of Consumer Data Engineering, you will partner with the several Global Technology and Nike Direct leadership teams to craft, influence and execute a results-oriented strategy and vision for Consumer Data. You will work closely with Enterprise architecture and platforms, Enterprise Data and Analytics, Advance Analytics, Personalization, Nike Direct, Consumer Insights and Commercial Analytics teams to deliver solutions that solve critical business problems as Nike accelerates its Consumer Direct strategies.
What will you work on:
- Product Strategy and Vision: Create and champions market-informed product vision and strategy that supports Nike strategies. Identify the strategic product implications and opportunities resulting from major corporate strategies and change initiatives.
- Product Lifecycle Management: Lead the end-to-end lifecycle of sophisticated products, from conception through launch. Strategize and execute on growth initiatives in operating live products and capabilities.
- Product Roadmap Definition: Run a fluid intake and prioritization process to develop a product, feature and release roadmap based on business targets, in-depth data analysis, and a clear understanding of business needs.
- Prioritization: Effectively craft project plans based on priorities, setting clear, measurable objectives and deploying team resources appropriately to achieve business goals.
- Partner Management: Collaborate with partners to bring products to life. Remove obstacles and helps align the organization to achieve success.
- Communication: Clearly articulate the product roadmap, vision, priorities and requirements to multiple partners in both written and oral formats. Gather and incorporate feedback from a diverse range of partners including digital, technology, engineering, analytics, platform, business, and legal teams.
- Collaboration: Partner with Technology, Engineering, Design, Analytics, Business, and Product Management leaders throughout completion of product breakthroughs and value drops to deliver efficient results and outcomes in line with customer needs.
- Industry Analysis: Continuously supervise and share relevant technology trends, driven offerings and best-of-breed executions.
- Analytics and Experimentation: Define product critical metrics, derive key insights, drive reporting tools, and devise and execute experiments and multi-variant tests to find product solutions (in concert with Business Success team).
- Management: Lead multidisciplinary teams and enable success by removing obstacles and developing strategic relationships throughout the business. Cultivate and develop diverse talent within direct reporting team to improve performance and results.
- Raise the Bar: Promote cross-team and cross-organizational knowledge sharing through multiple forums (e.g., user groups, tech talks, demos).
What you bring to Nike:
- Minimum of 8 years of demonstrated ability in product management, software development. BA/BS degree required; MBA preferred
- Extensive experience with consumer data capture and processing systems, Identity management and stitching, global consumer data privacy laws and large-scale Business Intelligence solutions.
- Extensive experience with open source and Cloud (AWS) technology solutions. Experience with delivering large scale enterprise applications using big-data solutions such as Hadoop, Snowflake, HBase, Spark, Kinesis, JSON, Parquet, Avro, Kafka, APIs, Nifi, Microservices, Splunk, Tableau, Java, Scala, Go, Python and Elastic Search etc.
- Clear, concise and persuasive communication style that compels to action. Outstanding written/oral, organizational, analytical abilities, and attention to detail
- Influencing skills, with experience engaging diverse set of cross-functional partners
- Ability to lead robust, cross-functional teams
- History of developing and growing product management talent
- Ability to build product results such as wireframes, prototypes and requirements specifications
- Experience leading priorities with third party vendors and key partners. Comfortable making build versus buy recommendations based on industry knowledge
- Ability to provide clear direction, set measurable goals and give insight on industry trends
- Demonstrated track record of establishing product priorities that have required sophisticated analyses and results-oriented decisions
- Strong project management skills and ability to present work to executive partners
- Comprehensive understanding of the market landscape, both through a technology and competitor lens
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Back to top