Freight Spend Strategist, North America Transportation
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The NIKE, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accountants, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide - making the impossible happen every single day.
The Freight Spend Strategist is responsible for measuring, analyzing, and forecasting annual international and domestic freight spend within North America, including shipping costs, accessorials, and other charges. This role is critical to ensuring that the North America Transportation leverages transportation spend to optimize marketplace service and efficiency. The Freight Spend Strategist partners closely with other NA Transportation teams to support recurring sourcing events and with the NA Finance team to support annual freight forecasting and spend reporting.
- Develop detailed annual and 3-year freight forecasting and provide as input to NA Finance team
- Provide detailed cost/spend analytics to support LSP team during recurring sourcing events and inform vendor selection/allocation
- Measure T&T spend (freight cost and SG&A) actuals vs. forecast/budget and provide input to cross-functional T&T teams
- Analyze and monitor drivers of T&T freight spend to inform vendor selection and spend performance
- Root cause gaps between T&T freight spend actuals and forecast/budget to support regular performance management cycles (monthly operating review, supply chain review, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, or related discipline
- 5+ years of progressive analytics and forecasting experience in the field of operations and logistics
- 2 additional years of experience required in lieu of a degree
- Transportation operations experience
- Descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics experience with complex, unrefined data using a variety of analytical and statistical toolsets, including Tableau, Alteryx, R, and other data manipulation/mining tools
- Ability to conduct root cause analysis to pinpoint causes of variance between actual and forecasted spend differences, and recommend solutions to avoid variances in the future
- Forecasting experience using a variety of methods to inform future-state planning
- Logistics financial acumen and can handle contending priorities with limited supervision
- Demonstrated experience simplifying complex analysis to explain difficult concepts and influence others to adopt a new point of view based on analytical insights
- Procurement/vendor management experience
- Experience in Finance
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Back to top