Finance Director, Business Planning
- Tokyo, Japan
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Today, the opportunities for growth across NIKE, Inc.'s business portfolio offer more potential than ever. Nike Finance employees play a key role in that progress by identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to drive value for every Nike shareholder. They manage accounting and reporting for Nike's multi-billion-dollar global investment portfolio, debt and equity instruments, and other Treasury activities. They strategize, forecast, audit, analyze, budget, research and lead important decisions. Across Nike's diverse geographies and businesses, Finance employees deliver far more than just the numbers.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
As the Finance Director of Business Planning for Nike Japan, you will lead a team of Finance Managers to drive Nike Japan's performance management offense. You will be accountable for working cross-functionally to influence a management strategy that will optimize resources against our biggest opportunities, while maintaining a healthy marketplace. You'll lead a team whose primary accountability will be to measure, plan and manage the financial health of the business. To be effective you'll possess a high degree of comfort with ambiguity, an ability to simplify the complex and communicate effectively with executive leadership. You won't be afraid to roll up your sleeves and be hands-on when needed, while at the same time partnering cross-functionally as a trusted finance partner to the Nike Japan business and leadership team. Your ability to set a vision and prioritize deliverables across a complex body of work will be extremely important. Most importantly, you should be very excited about the opportunity to make a significant impact at Nike.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON?
1. Oversee in-year full P&L and 18-month rolling Revenue financial forecasts, with focus on enhancing forecast accuracy; including planning for Wholesale & Nike Direct Revenue and Margin, SG&A and overall EBIT/ROS%.
2. Financial commentary for weekly business updates, monthly CFO reviews, and quarterly business reviews.
3. Partner with leadership and cross-functional teams to maintain robust risk and opportunities assessments.
4. Partner & communicate with the Asia-Pacific, Latin-America (APLA) geography business planning team (located in Portland, OR, USA) to share Nike Japan financial forecasts, analysis, risks and opportunities.
5. Partner closely with Nike Japan Demand-Supply-Management (DSM) team to drive alignment between operating and financial plans.
6. Evolve and streamline team processes and tools to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
7. Coach and develop a diverse team of finance professionals.
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH?
The Nike Japan Finance team, located in Tokyo, Japan - one of Nike's key strategic global cities - works across many cross-functional teams to prepare accurate financial forecasts, support business decision-making with ad-hoc analysis and create strategic plans that drive Nike growth & shareholder value.
WHAT YOU BRING TO NIKE
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or a closely related field; CPA or MBA designation or another business-focused master's degree is preferred
- 8+ years' experience in finance, financial analysis, financial/strategic planning, accounting and/or budgeting
- Experience working in a fast-paced, innovative Retail or consumer products Digital commerce business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to create and deliver presentations to senior leadership
- Excellent coaching and leadership skills; ability to create a good working atmosphere with room for professional growth
- Excellent knowledge of strategic planning, budgeting, investment analysis, and economic profit analysis
- Proven experience leading process improvement initiatives, developing analytics to drive decision-making, demonstrated ability to complete quantitative and qualitative analysis and build robust financial models
- Fluency in written and spoken English (minimum TOEIC 800+.) Japanese language skill preferred but not required
Note to Recruitment Agencies: NIKE is not accepting candidate submissions from recruitment agencies NIKE does not have existing contracts with. NIKE will not be responsible for payment of recruitment fees for hiring of candidates whose resumes were submitted to NIKE employees or NIKE offices without NIKE's prior permission.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Back to top