Expert Professional Data Governance
- Shanghai, China
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
(The primary tasks, functions and deliverables of the role)
- Lead the introduction, application and adherence to Data Governance concepts and behaviors across Nike's data and analytics solutions, ensuring we are meeting business needs while balancing quality, risk and cost
- Drive and actively participating in data-focused projects that require a data governance and quality point-of-view
- Collaborate as a data quality expert with key partners and the business to understand requirements and find creative and flexible solutions resolve problems
- Exercise strong leadership working both independently and with project teams to understand, research, determine, document and communicate data quality direction
- Utilize deep knowledge of data needs/requirements and continually expand business understanding as you work to determine effective solutions to data quality challenges, some of which may create issues for the business
- Utilize strong influencing and communication skills as you will need to direct analytics and business partners towards resolution of data quality problems
- Work to elevate greater understanding across the D&A and business communities of the role of data governance and the importance of sustaining quality data
- Contribute to the continued development and evolution of the data governance function at Nike
(The abilities that the individual needs to perform this role effectively)
- Bachelor's degree in business or a technical discipline, or equivalent level of experience in a data analysis/administration, data quality, data governance, or related field.
- One of the following alternatives may be accepted: PhD or Law + 6 yr; Masters + 7 yrs; Associates + 9 yrs; High School + 10 yrs exp
- 8-9 years of relevant experience developing and implementing data quality and data governance standards, practices, org structures, support models, and achieving business objectives
- Proven ability to work with business and analytics leaders to identify and align on workable business solutions to data quality requirements and challenges
- Ability to successfully champion the role and realities of data governance in building preserving data integrity and credibility
- Experience with data and information/content implementations involving collaborative solutions, predictive analytics and BI reporting, machine learning, knowledge systems, big data and the use of diverse sources of data/content
- Demonstrated consulting skills, with change management concepts and strategies
- Expert interpersonal, written and verbal skills with proven ability to educate, inform, persuade, and achieve understanding and buy-in on data quality/data governance needs across different functions, levels and customers
- Extensive experience in leading projects with a team-focused approach - with the ability to prioritize, organize and manage deadlines
- Strong process orientation and project management skills to manage multiple project streams
- Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection
- Knowledge of data related government regulatory requirements and emerging trends and issues
- Experience in taxonomy design and tagging in digital marketing platform
- Experience in taxonomy governance to ensure its accuracy and consistency of the taxonomy - Experience in customer retail and FMCG industry preferred
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Back to top