Expert Cyber Security Strategist
- Beaverton, OR
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
We're looking for an Expert Cyber Security Strategist, who will be crucial to creation of the future of Nike Corporate Information Security (CIS), collaborating with leadership and technical teams to define, shape, and guide the continued evolution of Nike's Corporate Information Security programs. The candidate needs to have a deep knowledge of information security domains, a passion to build the long-term strategy and vision of Corporate Information Security, and a strong aim to empower others. High-level strategic thought, good communication, collaboration skills, and attention to detail are key!
If this is you, you'll be working with other strategists and leaders performing these key tasks:
• Developing long-term cybersecurity strategies in partnership with senior leadership and internal and external partners to ensure that CIS is strategically positioned to meet the future needs of Nike.
• Standardizing end-to-end process from strategy development to execution that aligns all CIS employees to the long-term strategic direction of the department and their programs.
• Serving as strategy advisor for strategy team and key collaborators across the department through mentorship and collaboration.
• Serving as a trusted advisor to the CISO and senior cybersecurity leadership team to address new requirements and challenges across the strategy landscape.
• Actively participating in senior technical and architectural discussions to ensure technical decisions are aligned with the strategic intent of CIS.
• Partnering with Finance, Portfolio, and Communications teams to ensure all strategies are fully integrated with fiscal, project, and communication planning cycles.
This role works with the Sr. Director of the Office of Cybersecurity, and works closely with other members of the Office of Cybersecurity team, including strategists, program managers, and business operations specialists.
Other key partners include:
• Nike's Chief Information Security Officer
• Senior and mid-level Leadership Team for Corporate Information Security (CIS) team
• Subject matter specialists across CIS
• Industry analysts and specialists
• Global Technology Strategy, Finance, Portfolio, and Communications teams
• Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred) in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or other related technical field, and a minimum of 10 years of relevant IT experience
• CISSP, CISA, CISM, or relevant GIAC certifications strongly preferred.
• At least 5 years of experience designing and implementing security capabilities, preferably across multiple security domains (e.g. Network, Endpoint, Server, Cloud, Mobile, Identity & Access Management, GRC, or Application Security)
• External Consulting, IT Audit, Internal Audit and/or risk advisory experience is a plus
• Excellent collaboration skills - must be eager to work as part of a cohesive team and as a partner to other teams within Nike, Inc., locally and globally
• Outstanding communication skills, including the ability to gather and synthesize relevant research and information, actively listen, facilitate open discussions, verbalize ideas effectively, navigate high-stress situations with senior leadership, and handle and lead solutions
• Proven presentation and facilitation skills
• Experienced in handling and protecting confidential, sensitive data
• Excitement for connecting and highlighting the CIS mission and services to core Nike business units
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Back to top