Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The NIKE, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accounts, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide - making the impossible happen every single day.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for a Manager, EMEA Inventory Control to join our team. This role leads a team of approximately 20 individuals who are responsible for inventory validation procedures and related processes at Nike's European Logistics Campus near Laakdal, Belgium.
To be successful in this role, you will be an eager and influential change agent and have strong people management capabilities. You'll need a strategic mindset, a bias toward action, and a commitment to quality execution. You will benchmark Nike's practices against other industry standards and strive to continuously improve and influence better practices in Nike's Europe, Middle East, & Africa (EMEA) business segment.
You'll need a strong analytical skill set, an ability to "connect the dots" from various sources, and the capacity to communicate complex concepts and ideas in a simple way. You should be comfortable with ambiguous situations and interacting cross-functionally (primarily with the Finance, Distribution, and Technology functions) and be very excited about the opportunity to make a significant impact at Nike.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON?
If this is you, you'll focus your time in two important areas, leading and developing your team, and supporting business & operational excellence, as follows:
- Lead the teams responsible for inventory validation processes at Nike's European Logistics Campus in Laakdal, Belgium.
- Establish a team vision and communicate and track progress against team priorities. Maintain a 'people first' mindset, with a continual focus on team and individual development.
- Build relationships with key business stakeholders across Finance and Operations in EMEA and Globally, to drive informed business decisions, well-controlled processes, and scenario planning.
- Drive the design and support the implementation of new inventory validation policies, processes, systems, and controls. Benchmark Nike's EMEA inventory validation processes against others in the industry and seek continuous improvement opportunities, including exploration of new technologies (such as RFID).
- Partner with and educate key business partners on Inventory Management best practices to support process excellence and a strong control environment
- Partner with Distribution to drive increased visibility into inventory adjustments and establish an inventory validation strategy for all EMEA 3rd party logistic providers/storage locations (executing shadow counting/Reconciling 3rd party WMS systems/coordinating & advising on full physical inventory counts, etc.)
- Partner with Distribution to establish KPIs, drive visibility and accountability over the inventory adjustments impacting the Financial Statements. Develop remediation plans when inventory accuracy targets are not met, and evaluate business impacts.
- Support gross/net cycle count progress and accuracy reporting to ensure compliance with NIKE's Global Cycle Count Policy
- Support Global Inventory Validation Policy improvement efforts and influence based on specific EMEA circumstances. Be a thought leader who influences and potentially leads the development and execution of global policies and initiatives.
- Enable supply chain programs, projects and initiatives through proactive, insightful Controlling advisement in the planning, operationalization and stabilization of programs
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH?
The Manager, EMEA Inventory Control reports to the Director, EMEA Inventory Control and is part of the Controlling (Finance) function. The role has three direct reports and leads an overall organization of approximately 20 individuals.
As Inventory Control activities are in service of both financial and operational objectives, this role requires strong cross-functional partnership, especially with the Distribution & Technology functions.
You will also form a part of the extended finance leadership team at Nike's European Logistics Campus and will collaborate with peers in other Nike territories.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- At least 5 years' experience in building and leading high performing teams, driving change, navigating ambiguous situations, and driving consensus within the team and with key business partners
- Clear knowledge and insights on logistics and operational processes
- Excellent Influencing/Storytelling skills and ability to drive change through consensus
- Experience with a Fortune 500/multinational consumer products company is preferred; experience with commerce organizations and strategies is a plus
- Experience & familiarity with internal controls over financial reporting is a plus
- Ability to assess financial risks and operational risks and controls across end to end business and operational processes
- Enthusiasm for the Nike brand
- Fluent in English; Dutch language skills are strongly preferred
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.