Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The NIKE, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accounts, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide - making the impossible happen every single day.
As our Director of Operations, for Nike's most recent node, an omni-channel, multi-category facility located in the greater Mid-south area; you'll direct the development and implementation of the annual operations business plan to align with the North America Supply Chain objectives. You'll research, design and implement innovative processes and procedures that will foster improvement of the logistics operations and service. You'll educate staff on statistical methods for process and performance assessment and analyze performance data for the purpose of driving key decisions around service, operations and overall logistics. You'll select, empower, develop and evaluate our Operations Management team, including recruitment and selection, person-to-person developmental, performance reviews, salary administration, professional/managerial training and Human Resource Process implementation of managers. You'll build and maintain an interdependent relationship with all functional areas within the facility and engage in cross-functional collaboration with all supply chain functional groups. You'll also create and conduct high profile presentations and effectively represent distribution logistics throughout the Nike matrix. You'll develop and deliver structural improvements and designs for the future; while maximizing daily performance, future scalability, and growth opportunities for the business. You'll direct business processes to receive, store, process and ship product timely and accurately direct to customers while optimizing operational results. You'll participate in and influence Nike Supply Chain and Operations Logistics Strategy agendas from a Distribution perspective and communicate and coordinate distribution initiatives. You'll increase visibility of Distribution through effective communication methods. You'll develop the annual operations budget necessary to achieve the targeted sales goals while passionately pursuing customer service standards. In addition, you'll be accountable for achieving the annual operating budget.
- 8+ years progressive management level operational experience
- Multi-level broad range distribution experience, preferably involving end-to-end distribution experience in a fast-paced automated facility
- Experience with a contingent workforce, scorecards, high-performance teams and total quality is preferred
- Experience with state of the art automation in a high volume distribution environment
- Experience with WMS - Manhattan experience preferred
- Demonstrated working knowledge of supply chain logistics processes including, demand planning, distribution requirements planning, inventory management, manufacturing planning, material planning, inventory control, transportation and logistics planning, and market place operations.
- Thorough understanding of logistics impact on diverse organization departmental goals
- Knowledge of current industry standard methodologies in supply chain management to support process improvement through LEAN distribution principles
- Ability to build cross-functional partnerships, engage in and lead cross-functional teams and initiatives
- A consistent track record of talent recognition and development- finding and building future leaders for the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Footwear and Apparel Experience
- Lean or Six Sigma background
- BS of Business, Logistics, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain or similar degree is required
- MBA is preferred
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.