Director, Human Resources - Memphis Network
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc.'s uncompromising focus on human potential extends to its workforce. Nike Human Resources teams help attract, retain, and reward the world's most innovative people by creating programs to help them thrive. They accelerate company growth as stewards of culture, organizational effectiveness, talent and change. The global Human Resources community includes experts in talent planning, talent acquisition, talent development, compensation and benefits, employee relations and more. Together, they develop a motivated, diverse and engaged global team.
Nike, Inc.'s focus on human potential extends to its team. Our Human Resource team helps to nurture organizational and operational excellence to its team. We seek the most creative team members and help them thrive by accelerating growth as stewards of culture, organizational effectiveness, talent and change.
We have an exciting opportunity to be a part of Nike's Memphis HR Team as an integral part of the North America HR team strategy. The Memphis team operates in a dynamic environment that celebrates people, community, innovation and diversity. We are passionate about delivering HR support that enables our rapidly growing team to reach its fullest potential. As the HR Director for the Memphis Network, you will provide strategic HR partnership by defining and driving the strategic people agenda for continuous transformation of Nike's Memphis culture and capability. In our rapidly changing environment, you will help us raise the standard on Nike's end-to-end value chain expertise by working in close partnership with internal innovation leaders; providing HR leadership, consulting and expertise. You will exhibit initiative wide thinking to proactively understand functional areas and how they interact/overlap with other areas of the business and operation. You will align Nike's people strategies with business strategies and successfully implement critical people initiatives in an exciting, complex and rapidly growing business environment. This is a role for someone with expertise in Talent Management, Change Management, Leadership Development and Succession Planning. You will report to the Senior Director, Human Resources for North America Fulfillment. This role will be based in Memphis, TN and lead a team of 6 HR Professionals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Partner closely with Assistant General Managers and Business Directors across the Fulfillment and Logistics Supply Chain function as well deep partnership with the HR function and HR Centers of Excellence
• Provides coaching and mentoring of HR Partners to further develop the talent in the HRBP lane
• Proactively partners and drives beneficial relationships with the HR centers of excellence to bring Human Capital Solutions to the business (including recruiting, learning and development, analytics, and organizational design)
• Partner with senior leaders and teams to grow the business, demonstrating an understanding of the Supply Chain, business risks, business drivers and overall financials.
• Provide Human Resources leadership expertise in support of the organizations, mission, vision, values and strategic and operational plans.
• Align and deliver human resources strategies in support of business objectives and activities.
• Provide comprehensive HR consultation, advice, coaching and facilitation to leaders, managers and teammates.
• Partner with the Talent Development team and the business stakeholders to cultivate a people development strategy that guides teammate engagement and retention.
• Partner with leaders to effectively guide and lead change in the organization, providing the right amount of transparency to teammates and giving leaders the right tools to lead change.
• Champion, reinforce and embody the Nike culture.
• Ensure effective reporting and analysis of HR data to enable the business to make key operational and strategic decisions.
• Create an environment of continuous improvement in HR and within the business by establishing new approaches, policies, and procedures to continually improve efficiency; come to the table with a thorough point of view on issues while still having an open ear to opinions and suggestions.
• Facilitate and actively participate in the identification and selection of "Successors" and "Hi Potential" talent. Coach stakeholders on selection criteria/assessments and assist in identifying gaps
• Facilitate employee engagement, performance overseeing and succession planning initiatives within respective client groups. Work with stakeholders on employee engagement initiatives.
• Lead and participate in Diversity & Inclusion initiatives
• Bachelor's degree in HR Management, Organizational Development or related discipline required
• Master's degree a plus
• 12+ years of Human Resources experience and 5+ years of leadership/management.
• 7+ years of successful business partnership at a Senior Leader/functional level, with proven success in linking HR strategies to the business, supporting multiple senior leaders in areas such as performance management and change and transition management.
• Thorough knowledge of the full spectrum of human resource management.
• Ability to listen to, discern and respect the beliefs of teammates.
• Communicate (written and orally) in a highly effective way with Senior Leaders - focusing on content, outcomes and value relevant to business leaders
• Work in high collaboration environment across operations and business teams, as well as HR
• Work effectively in a highly changing and dynamic environment, demonstrating ability to learn and adjust quickly, and bring others along when designing or implementing new ideas
• Experience developing and executing human resource strategies
• Experience presenting human design concepts to internal leadership teams and senior leaders
• Experience operating strategically and ability to have a hands-on approach
• Proven ability to develop, engage and retain a high performing team
• Working knowledge of multiple Human Resource disciplines including compensation practices, organizational development, employee relations, diversity, performance management, talent development, federal, state, and local employment laws
• Strong interpersonal and partnership skills
• Ability to develop strong trusting relationships at all levels within the organization to gain support and achieve results
• Ability to effectively envision, develop, and implement new strategies to address competitive, complex business issues
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Back to top