Digital Content Writer
As a Nike Consumer Services Digital Content Writer, you'll join a flexible, fast-moving team serving the world's most iconic athletic brand. We're a group of multi-talented team players who prize collaboration, but also have the individual confidence and discipline to tackle complex independent projects. Curiosity and a basic love of learning are fundamental assets: our world is constantly evolving, and we evolve with it, hitting our deadlines on the way. You'll need to know the English language inside-out, be a great writer, and have the ability to explain tricky things simply, in the Nike voice. An editorial eye is important, as is a basic passion for excellence. We're proud of what we do, and we have a lot of fun doing it.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Serve our athletes and consumers by creating problem solving content.
- Keeping our internal knowledge base for our outsourced contact centers up to date, by creating new articles to support new processes, product updates, system and tool changes as well as updating existing articles to support process changes. This is pivotal in providing the correct information to our digital athletes to better serve our consumers.
- Creating and maintaining the consumer facing Get Help pages for all EU supported territories on Nike.com.
- Working with the User Experience Team on further enhancing the Get Help pages, Consumer Experience on desktop and mobile including optimized search.
- A degree in Journalism, English, or Communications or a minimum of two years equivalent experience is required.
- Experience in copywriting, editorial, or journalism is a must.
- A deep understanding of brand voice is essential. You need to be versatile enough to apply voice in diverse situations and to different ends. You'll also need an alert editorial eye for voice inconsistencies.
- You can take complex scenarios and processes and present them to a broad audience with clarity and concision.
- Experience with translation strategies, and be able to write content that's search engine optimized, natural, in voice, and ready for localization.
- Experience helping clients or customers is a must. You'll need the ability to maintain composure in tense situations and the capacity to empathize with others.
- Experience working with tight deadlines and the ability to organize and prioritize projects to make sure concurrent projects are finished on time.
- You'll need impeccable grammar as well as the editorial ability to spot SEO, voice, and localization problems.
- You should have a strong understanding of HTML, and be comfortable editing code for paragraphs, bulleted lists, tables, and other basic design elements.
- Experience and comfort with content/knowledge management systems.
- An understanding of online culture is important both internally and externally. Discretion and sound judgement are essential.
If you are interested and would like to apply for this role, please provide examples that demonstrate your work with a brand, and examples of technical or explanatory writing.
Back to top