Data Engineering Manager
- Tessenderlo, Belgium
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Now, more than ever, Technology needs to respond quickly to turn market disruptions into opportunities for our brand. To achieve this, we must continue to develop our Enterprise Analytics, data science & Machine Learning capabilities and team to ensure we're improving the power of the Nike enterprise in the analytics/machine learning space and managing data as a driven advantage.
If you're ready to innovate and help lead our Enterprise Data and Analytics organization, come join us now! You will be part of an organization that is revolutionizing Nike technology platforms and architecting a data and analytics landscape that is simplified, modern, flexible and will ultimately enable Nike on its digital transformation journey!
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON?
We are looking for a robust Engineering Manager to play a critical role in the development of Nike's Enterprise Data & Analytics capabilities. You will lead the team with a focus on the development of new solutions and capabilities for Nike's supply chain analytics and data platforms.
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH?
You will be working with diverse set of stakeholders within and outside the department, including product, architecture and other technology teams and departments.
WHAT YOU BRING:
The successful candidate will bring their proven leadership experience, their excellent communication and relationship building skills in addition to their current, hands-on coding skills. In this role, you will be responsible for coaching developers to continuously elevate their engineering skills and to deliver innovative and high-quality solutions. You'll lead by example, promote our agile culture, and be an advocate of new technology and development techniques.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other relevant subject area
- 8 - 10 years solution development and technology experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing a team
- Proven track record of delivering on commitments
- Experience in building positive relationships across Product and Engineering.
- Ability to influence outcomes across highly aligned, loosely coupled teams
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and architecture patterns
- Experience building distributed / cloud scalable, real time and high-performance data lake solutions (AWS preferred)
- Able to quickly pick up new programming languages, technologies, and frameworks
- Understanding in agile principles and the Scrum development process
- Ability to define solution options, provide estimates on effort and risk, and evaluate technical feasibility
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Practical approach to solving sophisticated problems with ambiguous requirements
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Back to top