Converse Director Global Brand Merchandising, Incubate
Become part of the Converse Team
Converse is a place to explore potential, break barriers and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Converse, it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving world to make things better as a team.
Be a Product of Rad Society
We've got the goods. We just need the people who believe in the goods. That's you. You see the product in the space. And you get how to make it leave the space. In someone's bag, on someone's feet. You're a trendwatcher. A callmaker. Maybe even a visionary. You throw Product and Retail into a blender and make it come out as smooth delicious Success.
For Converse merchandisers, everything begins and ends with the consumer. The Converse Merchandising team understands consumer needs and capacity to create the right product mix for marketplaces around the world. Globally or in Geographic marketplaces, we blend art with science to bring Converse's vision to life for the consumer seasonally, creating moments of impact online and offline. We are drivers of the business with responsibilities for architecting consumer right pricing and meeting company margin targets; forecasting and allocation management while driving productivity and profitability in our assortments; and developing and driving a seasonal process to enable successful go to market process across the integrated marketplace.
Global Pinnacle and Incubate Merchandising drives assortment plans, direction and strategy focused on serving the Converse Gamechanger consumers that position the brand at the heart of youth culture. The Pinnacle and Incubate Team acts as the heart of street culture across the global product categories and functions as well as the bridge from brand to marketplace. Pinnacle and Incubate Merchants are responsible for driving the brand vision market wide by architecting annual product and marketing plans to engage these unique consumers; and also authenticate the launch of new products and innovation with new and existing consumers. And they are always working with geography partners across the integrated marketplace to ensure the work is connecting with the Gamechangers in credible and meaningful ways.
- Develop and communicate the ENERGY strategy across FTW, APP, ACC, leading with key pinnacle Accounts (450 doors) and converse.com to position Converse at the heart of the youth culture and accelerate business growth.
- Partner and build profitable and authentic relationship with Assets and Brands that define, validate and pioneer the streetwear and fashion culture.
- Lead Strategy and Communication to the Senior Executive team from the CEO to Cross functional Vice Presidents in the development of our corporate collaboration strategic planning cycle and seasonal investments.
- Work with a cross-functional team (Design, Product, Brand, Sales) on creation of seasonal plans to achieve brand and category financial objectives with respect to revenue, margin, SKU efficiency, and allocation.
- Drive successful allocation and liquidation plans for the Brand to position each collaborative project by Geography, across multiple channels of distributions (WHLS and digital) in partnership with key stakeholders (Internal and External Partners).
- Establish and scrutinize a new go to market process to serve the scope of the business and the category.
- Create and implement a lifecycle strategy to ensure a heat to scale range offering from collaborations to inline on key FTW franchises and APPAREL collections/Classifications.
- Lead and drive X-Functional alignment, direction and communication to the geography teams.
- Partner with Global Marketing and Product teams to deliver premium tools.
- Own and implement the seasonal Global incubate launch calendar.
- Requires a bachelor's degree or additional 2 years of experience in lieu of degree
- Requires a minimum of 10 years' experience, directly relevant to the apparel, footwear or fashion industry
- Experience should include business/process leader, industry expert in Fashion, Street Culture, and Sportswear and relationship management with culture creators and influencers.
- Experience leading teams, Go to Market Process, and multi-geography experience.
- Proven Growth Mindset
Converse is more than a company; it's a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we're different.
Back to top