Converse Department Manager - Neumünster
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We're a company ready for change and that's who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that's why we hire individuals. So we're speaking the same language.
Without you, we'd just be collectors of our own stuff
Business equals selling stuff. That's the basic model. The more complex awesome model is creating stuff that people identify with and then you figuring out how to get it to them. We need people like you: creative, dynamic problem solvers who see it as more than business. Who see it as giving people the tools of self-expression and individuality.
As ourDepartment Manager, you'll lead and manage all in-store activities to achieve sales and profitability goals, as well as ensure long-term business growth in accordance with Converse's brand philosophies and policies and procedures. You'll generate revenue and manage controllables in order to deliver a positive financial performance. You'll also ensure consistent implementation of operating standards, including product flow planning, completion and execution of markdowns, seasonal promotions, initiatives and merchandise presentation. This opportunity also involves providing relevant market information to key partners and consistent leadership to your staff. In addition, you'll recruit and hire top talent, provide ongoing coaching and counseling, implement development strategies, create succession plans, and effectively manage performance and corrective action processes in order to drive Organizational Talent Planning.
- 1-3 years' retail experience at management level
- 2 years' additional related experience in lieu of a degree
- Natural strong leader and team player with strong influencing & coaching skills
- Proven success in coaching, counseling and developing people
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products and retail business systems
- Strong selling techniques and experience delivering high-level customer service through storytelling
- Strong communication skills
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Understanding of footwear, apparel, accessories and visual merchandising
- Knowledge of retail math and KPI's
- Strong focus on operational excellence
- Ability to deliver training
- Ability to work flexible hours, evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
Converse is more than a company; it's a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we're different.
Back to top