Converse, Concept Designer II
Become part of the Converse Team
Converse is a place to explore potential, break barriers and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Converse, it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving world to make things better as a team.
Converse designs the future. At Converse, designers chase their curiosities and build what's next, shaping the culture and advancing human creativity. The Design Teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphics designers. Converse designers look to the future, courageously pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the consumer's experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.
To bring the seasonal product stories and creative direction to life through the design and execution of compelling tools. To provide an end-in-mind point-of-view within the Product Design and Innovation organization.
Visually communicates the seasonal product creative narrative through 2D and 3D presentation tools including look-books, presentations and rig room environments.
- Collaborates in the creation and execution of seasonal visual tools under direction of Concept Innovation Design lead.
- Utilizes advanced design skills to create and execute original and innovative 2D and 3D design solutions that reflect the Converse design ethos and Brand
- Collaborates on planning and organization of room builds and photo shoots, including communication with vendors, creation / management of budgets, and execution of materials.
- Partners with Product/Innovation Designers as well as Business counterparts including PLMs, Merchants, and Brand Designers.
- Partners with agencies and vendors to coordinate execution of Concept projects as well as on schedule, budget, and delivery of files / content when needed.
- May lead projects, establish direction and manage designers on a per-project basis.
- May function as Stylist, Project Manager and/or Producer as needed.
- Utilizes advanced knowledge of current trend, color, 3D design, materials, and category-relevant products.
- Works to actively gain experience, enhance design skills, and increase knowledge of Converse products, design philosophy, and processes
- Has a passion for footwear and apparel and is looking to innovate and help create future product and experiences for Converse consumers.
- Works responsibly within project timelines & budget. To bring the seasonal product stories and creative direction to life through the design and execution of compelling tools. To provide an end-in-mind point-of-view within the Product Design and Innovation organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Design or related field and 5+ years' professional design experience (2 additional years of experience in lieu of degree).
- Proven ability to apply and perform 2D/3D design skills at an advanced level. Demonstrated high level of expertise using Macintosh computer design applications.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to trends influencing design in general, and the athletic industry specifically.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Proven ability to work in a rapidly changing, high-growth, sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Ability to manage multiple and competing work priorities, demands, and changes.
Converse is more than a company; it's a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we're different.
Meet Some of Nike, Inc.'s Employees
Scott M.Global Talent Engagement Manager
Scott ensures that Nike’s candidates have a world-class experience with the company, from applications to interviews, and that they feel valued throughout the whole process.
Back to top