Contract Specialist (Sports Marketing)
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc.'s rapid pace of innovation demands a Legal team that is always on the offense. And they're always on their game - with the mission to advance and guide Nike's business through innovative, offense-minded counsel. Nike attorneys, paralegals and other specialists in law provide inventive approaches and superior counsel to Nike's global business. As Nike changes the future of sport, the Nike Legal team drives competition, ingenuity and integrity in the marketplace.
As a Contracts Specialist in the Legal department, you will be part of the Global Sports Marketing Center of Excellence team based at NIKE World Headquarters in Beaverton, Oregon ("WHQ"). You will draft and negotiate basic sports marketing endorsement contracts with professional athletes, sports federations, and athletic programs and coaches worldwide. You also will assist NIKE Counsel and Sports Marketing Managers on contract matters, including answering inquiries regarding specific contract rights and obligations, maintaining updated forms and databases and preparing reports, contract summaries and contracts-related correspondence. You will assist on the Compliance due diligence process and system updates. In addition, you will perform general administrative duties in accordance with the team's processes and procedures, including document storage, record creation and retention, e-signature management, etc.
Requirements for the position include:
• A bachelor's degree from a U.S. institution and a minimum of 4 years' experience as a contract specialist, paralegal or similar experience involving preparation, review and negotiation of detailed contracts and related documents
• Strong verbal communication and technical legal writing skills; ability to communicate legal issues to diverse audiences
• Strong analytical, problem-solving skills and attention to detail
• Proven ability to handle high volume workload and multiple priorities under tight deadlines
• Knowledge of sports and major international competitions
• Law firm, in-house legal department or comparable experience in a contract/legal document intensive environment preferred
• Experience in and knowledge of sports marketing industry a plus
• Availability to occasionally provide support to non-US-based managers outside of established business hours
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel
• Fluency in English
• Fluency in a second language a plus
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Back to top