BUILDING SYSTEMS ENGINEER
- Maryland Heights, MO
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
At Air Manufacturing Innovation (Air MI), we deliver on Nike's most daring dream: giving every athlete the unparalleled sensation of walking on air. Since Nike introduced the Air sole in 1979, no technology has become more synonymous with Nike than Air. Our teams engineer, make and perfect Nike's most advanced footwear components. Masters of teamwork, we challenge assumptions in order to get faster, drive efficiency and fine-tune technology to deliver quality performance plastic. At our state-of-the-art facilities located in Beaverton, Oregon and St. Charles, Missouri, Air MI is taking Air to places that we never thought possible. Learn more about Nike Air Manufacturing Innovation.
Who we are looking for
The Building Systems Engineer will be a key member of the local Facilities team to ensure our infrastructure systems are kept in top operating condition to serve our manufacturing operations and maintain the environmental conditions of all working environments.
What you will work on
- Actively monitor overall infrastructure systems operations to ensure reliability for ongoing manufacturing operations.
- Monitor and adjust settings to infrastructure systems to maintain the working environment for manufacturing and office space.
- Actively review energy usage to identify possible savings or adjustments to optimize efficient operations.
- Drive the planning and scoping process associated with upgrades or additions to major infrastructure systems.
- Act as a main point of contact for local utility companies.
- Coordinate with Project Managers to understand and plan for the impacts on machine changes or additions.
- Coordinate with Maintenance on identified trends or related data to help optimize systems.
- Included as one of the contacts within the Facilities organization for afterhours response in emergency situations.
- Helps manage work of preventative maintenance vendors working on infrastructure systems including scheduling work, coordinating access, and checking quality of work.
- Maintain logs and documentation of preventative maintenance activities for use in enforcing warranties with vendors and for reporting work performed to leadership.
- Provide feedback to Facility Manager on key system health and status of preventative maintenance work for use in forecasting future CAPEX investments.
- Provide feedback to Facility Manager on vendor performance as part of an ongoing performance tracking system.
- Makes decisions within organization guidelines.
- Upholds the Nike Maxims to create a positive environment and culture for the facility.
What you bring
- Minimum three years' experience working in engineering, construction, or facilities management with emphasis in mechanical and electrical systems.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical or electrical engineering preferred. However additional experience in lieu of degree is acceptable.
- Advanced understanding of HVAC (wet and dry), plumbing, compressed air, nitrogen, sprinklers, fire alarm, security system, and electrical systems.
- Ability to read and understand drawings and specifications of past projects and new projects to discern maintenance requirements and ongoing lifecycle requirements.
- Ability to manage simultaneous tasks or projects of various sizes.
- Ability to manage minor project budgets including tracking related purchase orders and reviewing accuracy of invoices for final processing by others.
- Strong communication skills to interact with various stakeholders within the organization.
- Computer skills including email, spreadsheets, and software used for tracking tickets and/or project requests.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Pipe-Flo, and similar modeling and drafting software highly desired.
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment including areas of various temperature and noise levels.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders.
- Ability to work outside at times including in inclement weather.
- Travel time up to 10%
Supports a 24-hour facility and may be asked to occasionally work of shift hours including nights and weekends.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Back to top