Birth-3 Associate Teacher
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The NIKE, Inc. Child Development team engages with hundreds of Nike employees' children every workday at childcare centers at the Nike World Headquarters in Beaverton, Ore. The teams provide the children - infants to age 5 - with a creative learning environment and experiences that only Nike can deliver. Easy access to Nike's facilities offers opportunities for a wide array of physical activities and on-campus events including farmer's markets, athlete visits and seasonal celebrations. Child Development Center employees' expertise in early education, child psychology, nutrition and other areas help give each child a running start.
You must upload your post secondary-educational transcript(s) with this application.
As our Associate Teacher, you'll assist with implementing developmentally appropriate programming by following outlined procedures.You'll interact with and provide continual supervision for the children, participate in classroom activities and collaborate with classroom staff. You'll also implement lesson plans and interact with children by initiating and encouraging their participation. In addition, you'll provide emotional and physical support for children. In addition, you'll assume the role of the Lead Teacher in his/her absence.
This position has an opportunity for a sign-on bonus.
- Must meet one or more of the following educational minimum requirements:
- Associate Degree in Child Development, ECE, Elementary Education, Child & Family Studies or Special Education with one year relevant work experience
- OR an Associate degree in any discipline, with 30 semester/45 quarter credits in Child Development, ECE, Elementary Education, Child & Family Studies or Special Education with one year relevant work experience
- Ability to sit, bend and lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be flexible and have the ability to work overtime as necessary
- Must have the ability to work all shifts between 7am and 6pm
- Must have the ability to move quickly around a classroom or playground
- Must be able to physically move, lift, or control children in unsafe or emergency situations
- Must have the ability to read, speak, write and understand verbal and written English
- Must maintain educational/training hours as outlined by state licensing agency and attend in-service training as scheduled three times per year
- Technical foundation in curriculum, programming and problem solving skills is preferred
- Familiar with NAEYC Accreditation standards and Oregon Child Care Division Regulations are preferred
- Enrollment with the Office of Child Care in the Central Background Registry
- Ability to obtain a Step 9 on the Oregon Registry
- Completion of the Introduction to (1) Child Care Health and Safety, (2) Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect and (3) Safe Sleep free online training courses, which are required by the State of Oregon. License number provided by Nike for the Safe Sleep course.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Meet Some of Nike, Inc.'s Employees
Scott M.Global Talent Engagement Manager
Scott ensures that Nike’s candidates have a world-class experience with the company, from applications to interviews, and that they feel valued throughout the whole process.
Back to top