Associate Data Scientist SNKRS
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc.'s storytellers, Marketing and Communication sets the brand tone. A creative force of specialists tell Nike's stories of innovation and sport through advertising, brand strategy, digital engagement and product presentation. Using channels ranging from retail stores to social media, Marketing & Communication teams connect the science and art of Nike innovations to the hearts and minds of athletes around the world.
Joining us in Nike's Digital Innovation Studio in New York City, the Associate Data Scientist, SNKRS App will embed themselves within Nike Digital's SNKRS digital product management team serving as a data and analytics center of excellence. With our strategic focus on the evolution of the digital launch business and strengthening the consumer's connection within the Nike digital ecosystem, this position plays a key role in driving sneaker culture forward for both Nike and the Jordan Brand.
We are looking for scientists with tech industry experience to help build our core data products and machine learning and statistical modeling processes. We want someone who loves modeling and writing code, someone who likes to dive in, solve problems, and create premier experiences for Nike consumers.
- Use contemporary data science and analytics methods and tools to derive actionable business insights
- Master big data fundamentals: gather, clean, and validate large amounts of data on Nike's cloud platform
- Create foundational pipelines and repeatable production queries in our data warehouse to analyze large sets of internal data on billions of consumer interactions
- Develop processes and continuous improvement of core projects through automation and process enhancement
- Create reports and visualizations of core app features and marketing campaigns to help communicate technical results and concepts to a non-technical audience
- Provide ongoing insights and analysis on consumer engagement, experience, and usage of the SNKRS platform
- Contribute to larger consumer statistical modeling and machine learning projects
- Manage multiple concurrent projects in fast-paced environment
- BA/BS degree required; a focus in statistics, econometrics, applied math, or a quantitative behavioral sciences field strongly preferred
- 2+ years' experience doing quantitative analysis on digital products or digital marketing experiences is a plus
- Ability to work in multiple data environments and perform complex joins, data cleaning, and feature creation using SQL or SQL based languages (Hive) is required
- Experience with statistical software, e.g., R or Python
- Experience working with real-world, structured and unstructured data
- Experience with data visualization, e.g., Tableau
- Experience analyzing and manipulating data sets to understand patterns and provide insights
- Excellent communications skills, in particular, the ability to communicate technical content to general audience
- Core mathematical ability to understand and apply state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms and/or statistical modeling
- Experience collecting / creating data when the perfect data don't exist
- Consumer experience with Nike digital apps (NTC, NRC, SNKRS, Nike App)
- Knowledge of Nike's physical merchandise and company history
- Passion for Nike sneakers and sneaker culture
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Back to top