Assistant Head Coach (Asst Store Manager), Homebush
- Sydney, Australia
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
To work in retail is to be the face of NIKE, Inc. With a relentless focus on product knowledge and customer service, Nike Retail teams give valuable experiences to consumers every day. From Shanghai to San Francisco, every store has a unique perspective and hosts an inspiring community of sport and style devotees. A career in Nike Retail demands creativity and ambition and offers the opportunity to grow with some of the best athletes, teammates and retail partners in the industry.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Nike Pacific is looking for a passionate, highly experienced, operationally-focused Assistant Head Coach (Assistant Store Manager) to join the team in our newest Factory Store at Homebush, opening in October 2020; this store will be the largest in Pacific at 1500sqm.
Reporting into the Head Coach (Store Manager), this role will see you effectively lead and manage a large team of over 30 Athletes (Sales Associates), as well as the Stockroom Coach (manager) and Operations Coach (manager), achieving sales, profit growth, customer service excellence and expense management goals in accordance with Nike standards.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON?
* Leading, coaching, driving and inspiring the team of 30+, including two Coaches (managers) to achieve their goals and targets
* Meeting financial goals and targets in sales, wage control, stock control, shrinkage, merchandising and margins
* Partnering with the Store Manager to develop and deliver innovative business strategies to increase the performance in your department area
* Leading by example by providing a premium consumer experience that will exceed expectations.
WHAT YOU BRING TO NIKE
* A passion for the Brand/Sports
* Significant previous relevant Retail Management and/or Multi-Site experience
* Ability to build, lead and manage large, high-performing teams
* Strong financial skills and business acumen, with the ability to closely monitor profitability and operating expenses
* Ability to work autonomously and cooperatively as part of a team
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Exceptional attention to detail, organisational and planning skills
* Strong strategic, problem solving, and influencing skills
* Proficiency in MS Office products.
The successful candidate will work a rotating roster and must be available to work weekends, evenings and holidays as needed.
* Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Back to top