Advanced Data Analytics Program Director EMEA
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
The EMEA Data and Analytics team supports all business activity across 39 countries in the region and serves all functions. This includes working closely with all functions across the EMEA region, including: Supplier Management, Demand Planning, Sales Planning, Nike Direct, Supply Chain, Merchandising, Pricing, Marketing, Customer Insight, as well as the Global Data and Analytics team in the US, and its counterparts in other regions.
Nike Enterprise Data and Analytics designs, creates and implements the methods and tools needed to make the world's largest sports brand run faster and smarter. Global teams aggressively innovate the solutions needed to help navigate Nike's lead in the rapidly evolving marketplace.
If you're ready to innovate and lead in the analytics space, join Nike's Enterprise Data and Analytics organisation! You will be part of a team that is revolutionising Nike data and analytics platforms and implementing a data landscape that is simplified, modern, flexible and will ultimately enable Nike on its journey to 2020 and beyond. The Program Director will provide leadership in the product area within our supply chain organization based at Laakdal in Belgium.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The ideal candidate for this role will have a passion for all things Data and Analytics and a unique ability to provide strategic advantage for Nike through innovative solutions.
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH?
Reporting to the Senior Director of Enterprise Data and Analytics, EMEA, the role will be based in Nike's campus near Antwerp, Belgium and will build upon the data and business intelligence foundations already in place to drive Nike's regional growth strategy. They will continue to lead the charge within Nike and be part of a data transformation globally, demonstrating how data and analytics can be used to drive great customer outcomes and business value. They will promote the development of innovative new data platforms and products in collaboration with business and technology stakeholders across logistics, supply chain and operations. The person in this role will be responsible for the overall product deliver to the highest quality within the Supply Chain Data and Analytics team, the product managers, the product owners and the product analysts. Working with the functional analytics teams they will identify the best analytics opportunities to invest in to bring the maximum business value to Nike.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON?
This role, along with the other leaders in Enterprise Data & Analytics will lead and contribute to the definition of an overarching Advanced Analytics and Machine Learning strategy that will align Data Analytics investments with the highest impact areas, while producing a suite of complementary models, tools, and technologies
- Evangelize analytics solutions as a way to drive business value and growth through adoption of Big Data, Analytics and Data Science.
- Partner with Engineering, Architecture, Enterprise Data Management and Operations leadership to establish product roadmaps with the business across the Supply Chain.
- Participate in design and engineering of Analytics solutions that have significant strategic impact and achieve long term competitive advantage for Nike.
- Partner with business leaders to provide expert advice and influence strategic decision making to make maximum use of data and insights.
- Guide and mentor the product teams to raise the collective expertise.
- Demonstrate a strong bias for long term strategic solutions balanced with tactical timelines, cost and risks.
- Contribute to overall Enterprise Data and Analytics leadership for EMEA - strategy, talent management and hiring.
- Develop a close working relationship with the functional analytics teams to produce a joint offense.
- Formulate and manage the Enterprise Data and Analytics investment budget for supply chain including tracking benefits delivered.
- Be the representative of the EMEA Enterprise Data and Analytics leadership team on the ground and provide day to day leadership to the team.
- Ensure that a healthy, prioritized backlog of data and analytics investments are available to the engineering teams.
- Actively manage the stakeholder group, business, technical, local and global communicating value delivered as well as issues and risks.
WHAT YOU BRING TO NIKE?
- Substantial experience with delivery methodologies in a fast-paced complex environment - Scrum, SAFe, Extreme Programming.
- Strong understanding of data and analytics solutions, including experience with Big Data, Relational Databases, Streaming and Batch Data Processing, AI and Machine Learning
- Experience in driving high volume data lake solutions using AWS and Azure.
- Experience in languages such as Python Shell (scripting), Python and Java (programming) and SQL.
- Worked with Github, Airflow, SonarQube, Jenkins BMX and QMA.
- Demonstrated track record of leading within complex multi-national organizations requiring strong influence management skills - ability to work cooperatively at all levels in matrix environment.
- Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills with ability to facilitate strategy, requirements and business value conversations with all stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of statistical and predictive modeling concepts and disciplines to know how to best leverage those disciplines.
- A proven track record of delivering business value in an agile, lean and product focused environment.
- 5+ years in technology or product leadership roles.
- 5+ years in product management.
- 7+ years in the data, analytics and engineering area.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Back to top