Accounts Payable Manager
- Beaverton, OR
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Today, the opportunities for growth across NIKE, Inc.'s business portfolio offer more potential than ever. Nike Finance employees play a key role in that progress by identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to drive value for every Nike shareholder. They manage accounting and reporting for Nike's multi-billion-dollar global investment portfolio, debt and equity instruments, and other Treasury activities. They strategize, forecast, audit, analyze, budget, research and lead important decisions. Across Nike's diverse geographies and businesses, Finance employees deliver far more than just the numbers.
With an aggressive long-term growth strategy, NIKE is counting on our Global Finance organization to thrive in its mission: to drive and deliver value to every NIKE shareholder. The Source to Pay value stream is a key pillar in that mission. We maintain strong internal controls, provide timely, accurate, and relevant information to internal and external stakeholders, and deliver expert business partnerships to enable profitable growth while balancing risk. We are developing a center-led Global Source to Pay function to drive a shared strategic agenda, with a scalable, process focused organization and a continuous improvement mindset. And we are seeking world-class talent like you to contribute to that journey.
As the WHQ/NA Accounts Payable Manager, you will be responsible for leading a well-controlled operations and support offense to facilitate and account for payments across WHQ and North America legal entities in accordance with US GAAP and NIKE Policy. This will include establishment and enforcement of process and policy to facilitate payment efficiently and effectively through manual exception handling, digital invoicing and dynamic buying channels. This will require ongoing and influential partnership with business leaders and Treasury as well as leadership of direct and virtual offshore teams.
What success looks like in this role:
- Being an effective leader of people and a catalyst for change
- A strategic mindset to drive effectiveness through continuous optimization and improvement of organizations, processes, and systems
- Execute effective accounting and disbursement processes and report metrics in accordance with target key performance indicators, US GAAP and NIKE Policy
- Design and maintain an effective and optimized internal control environment
- Lead offshore managed service providers through the implementation of new systems, controls, processes, and policies
- Proactively provide financial, operational and system expertise
- Deliver results through team leadership and cross functional collaboration
- Participate in review of monthly, quarterly and annual operational results; continuously add value and be seen as a credible and trusted business partner
- Lead with passion, courage, and agility in an ever-changing environment
- Demonstrate strong cross functional acumen and communication of financial and operational stories, including data driven thinking to execute against Nike's business goals and objectives
- Maintain and drive continuous process optimizations
- Effectively lead organizational and process changes by building and maintaining momentum for change, engaging stakeholders, training and developing people, and ensuring business readiness and adoption
- Apply business and management expertise to achieve financial and operational objectives within or across enterprise functions
WHAT YOU BRING TO NIKE
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field
- 6 years' experience in accounting, finance or related functions
- CPA strongly preferred
- Experience with a Fortune 500/multinational consumer products company is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate status, issues, and risks with senior leadership
- Advanced ability to handle multiple and competing priorities and requests
- Experience in increasing areas of responsibility focused on end-to-end Source-to-Pay accounting process or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in supervisory capacity managing both people and projects.
- Demonstrated experience driving complex, multi-faceted transformations spanning processes, functions, and tools/systems in a dynamic and growing business environment
- Understanding of COSO/ ICFR/ SOX and accounting practices
- Demonstrated ability to articulate and measure continued success through metrics/data
- Proficiency in SAP and Coupa strongly preferred
- Experience successfully managing offshore teams
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Back to top