Treasury Director, Global Retirement Plan
- New York, NY
Treasury Director, Global Retirement Plan - 74241
Finance and Corporate Development - USA New York, New York
Introduction: The Treasury Director, Global Retirement Plans is a key member of the Corporate Treasury team. With operations in over 60 countries, the Treasury team is focused on reducing risk, improving control and standardizing practices across the globe. This position will partner with Human Resources (HR), Corporate Reporting & Accounting (CR&A) and Legal to provide comprehensive oversight of Defined Benefit (DB), Defined Contribution (DC) and other Employee Savings Plans for all Nielsen Media legal entities. The Treasury Director will focus on investment strategy, plan governance and forecasting. This position will evolve over time to incorporate the changing needs of the business units we support and the initiatives of the Treasury team.
- Build a comprehensive understanding of Nielsen's retirement plans, both DB and DC, globally. Recommend and execute plan changes with HR and Legal to maximize employee benefit while minimizing company risk.
- Manage relationships with third parties engaged in plan administration, asset management and governance. Partner with HR on third party benefit administrators and consultant relationships.
- Forecast retirement plan related payments and manage DB funding plans. Provide ongoing forecasts to Treasury cash analysts and local controllers to ensure payments are executed on time.
- Develop annual budget with CR&A and outside consultants. Set assumptions to forecast P&L flows and update budget to reflect actual economic assumptions and remeasurement events over time. Monitor cash flows and reconcile quarterly to local reporting. Review and provide input to CR&A on sensitivity analyses.
- Liaise with trustee boards and local pension committees. Work closely with local boards on strategic de-risking activities and plan changes resulting from plan harmonizations or corporate actions. Provide assistance for statutory filings, other local compliance and changes in regulations.
- Work closely with actuaries and investment managers to manage plan assets, including setting asset allocation and evaluating investments, and conduct regular Asset and Liability Management studies.
- Engage outside benefits counsel on plan amendments and regulatory filings.
- Responsible for US DB cash management. Work with third party partners to meet monthly cash requirements and issue trade instructions to raise cash when needed. Align on the annual funding plan and ensure funds are available and disbursed on schedule. Cash Management duties may expand to other countries over time.
- Serve as a member on the Canada Investment Committee, US Investment Committee and US Administration Committee. May serve on additional committees over time.
- Reestablish the Global Retirement Plan Review Committee including arranging meetings, preparing and presenting materials. Coordinate with local HR and finance teams on related proposals.
- Prepare the annual report to the Audit Committee and present other topics as required.
- Provide support to CR&A on retirement plan accounting and compliance including US GAAP and IFRS valuations, preparation of related footnotes to Financials, SOX compliance and audit support.
- Maintain strong financial and operational control framework.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of progressive leadership experience in Retirement Plans within the Finance function at a multinational corporation or 5+ years of relevant experience as an investment advisor, consultant or service provider, preferably with corporate/institutional clients
- Advanced understanding of US GAAP and IFRS pension accounting and compliance requirements
- Excellent communicator: Excellent presentation and written and verbal communication skills. Able to efficiently work with senior management and other stakeholders. Other languages are a plus.
- Accurate and honest: You are honest, very accurate and careful
- Process creator: Develops comprehensive processes to create standardization by identifying trends and patterns in work. Strong desire for continuous improvement and drive to execute changes.
- Organized multi tasker: Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple deliverables to ensure timely and accurate completion. Solution-oriented with strong follow-through and prioritization skills
- Passion for technology: Has a comfort and passion for learning and working with new technology. Intermediate proficiency in Google and Microsoft Suites, expected to reach advanced over time.
- Positive team player: Takes constructive criticism with a positive attitude; listens carefully, fosters team spirit. Transparently communicates within the team.
- Analytical thinker: Proven analytical, critical thinking and decision making skills
- Resourceful self-starter: Comfortable figuring things out for themselves, thrives in a fast paced changing environment
We're in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we're measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what's happening now and what's coming next for our clients. Today's data is tomorrow's marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That's why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We're bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what's next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: CT - Wilton, , ,
Back to top