- Sydney, Australia
Systems Engineer - 68621
Technology and Engineering - Australia Lane Cove, New South Wales
About the Role
Nielsen's Global Engineering organisation is looking for a Systems Support Engineer to join our growing team in Sydney, Australia. This position provides critical production support for Nielsen application platforms.
- Management and support of core application platforms - Wintel/Linux/Network
- Maintain awareness of hardware and software lifecycle
- Server platform configuration and training of technical users
- Ability to work flexibly across international time zones
- Domestic and international travel may be required occasionally (passport required)
- Process-driven analysis and execution
- Take ownership of issues through to resolution across all infrastructure systems, Windows, Linux, Network, Security, Backup
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Manage BAU and project workload
Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum of 5 years in a similar or related role
- Prior experience in Linux environment
- Beginner/Advanced level knowledge of Linux system management at scale
- Server and network security hardening architecture and concepts
- Solid Networking Experience, Firewalls, Switches L2-L3, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP
- Strong troubleshooting mindset and comfortable working on complex issues
- Experience with highly critical production environments preferred.
- Demonstrate automation and scripting experience
- Windows Server best practices across DNS, DHCP, ADDS, ADCS, IIS, RDS, Group Policy
- Familiarity with Web Services IIS, Apache, Tomcat, TLS/SSL
Nielsen Media would not function without our Technology teams! We are catalysts for delivering quality, on-time, reliable measurements to clients, and we are cultivators, growing our employees through education, skill-building and experiences. Around the globe, our Technology teams are relentless in our pursuit of superior analytics, technology, process and support.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what's true, we measure across all channels and platforms-from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You'll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Lane Cove,New South Wales
Back to top