- Tampa, FL
Software Engineer - 75585
Technology and Engineering - USA Tampa, Florida
ABOUT THIS JOB
Nielsen Global Media is all about data and technology company, a leader and gold standard in content measurement. We innovate by various methodologies, newer technologies and constantly improve our client experience with our products. Software engineers here at Nielsen Media get to work on the latest and innovative big data processing technologies in the cloud.
- Build scalable, reliable, cost-effective solutions for both the Cloud and on-premises
- Easily comprehend and must have the ability to convert business requirements to technical solutions.
- Build and test Cloud-based applications for new and existing backend systems to help facilitate development teams to migrate to the cloud.
- Must have strong cloud Implementation expertise in cloud architecture.
- Must have very good knowledge of storage, network, Compute services. Have sound knowledge in multi-zone, region-based designs.
- Must have the ability to provide solutions utilizing best practices for resilience, scalability, cloud optimization and security.
- Build platform reusable code and components that could be used by multiple project teams.
- Develop and provide RESTful web services to integrate with other systems and platforms.
- Provide cloud integration development support to various project teams.
- Maintain and document standards, best practices, and design/architecture patterns.
- Must have strong analytical and technical skills in troubleshooting and problem resolution.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
Common design patterns and industry standards are second nature to you. Developing complex applications? You're up for that, too. You've honed your tech skills alongside your people skills and can work closely with other teams as well as you lead your own. You're ready to put your experience to work and take ownership of projects on a global scale-after all, you're fluent in quite a few languages. You have the vision to strategize for the next generation of back-end services and processing engines that'll drive tomorrow. You're ready for what's next.
- 5-10 years of hands-on software development
- The training to back your work: a masters degree, bachelor's degree, or, as we recognize there isn't one formula for success, equivalent work experience
- Must have strong verbal/written communication skills
- Good understanding of Distributed architecture solutions
- Strong knowledge on Unix/Linux OS, commands, shell scripting, python, JSON, YAML
- Experience in big data ETL processing tools/languages on Hadoop platform using M/R, Hive, Spark
- Experience with orchestration tools: Apache Airflow or similar tools
- Strong experience in Java/J2EE, Spring boot/cloud frameworks
- Agile scrum experience in application development experience is required. The candidate should have proficiency in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience in software development using programming languages & tools/services: Java, Python, Scala, strong in SQL
- Network, Storage & Databases: Load balancer, AWS S3, PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Deployment and automation: Terraform, Cloud Formation
- Containers: Docker on Kubernetes
- Compute: EC2, EMR, AWS Lambda
- Disaster recovery: multi-region, multi-AZ design experience
- AWS Certification is a plus.
ABOUT NIELSEN GLOBAL MEDIA
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what's true, we measure across all channels and platforms-from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You'll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Tampa,Florida
Secondary Locations: , , ,
Back to top