Senior Software Engineer, Music
- Emeryville, CA
Senior Software Engineer, Music - 78147
Technology and Engineering - USA Emeryville, California
Explore and Discover Nielsen! With offices located in over 100 countries, Nielsen is the global leader in independent entertainment measurement, big data analytics, and audience experience.
Gracenote, a Nielsen Company is the leading provider of entertainment metadata and media recognition technology that powers the top TV, music, sports and automotive platforms. Gracenote is one of the largest Music metadata databases in the world. We help the biggest names in Music and Automotive power leading edge user media experiences.
Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for Senior Software Engineers (multiple opportunities) to become part of our Music and Automotive Team based in Gracenote's Emeryville Office. We are also open to Senior Engineers who are remote if unable to work from Emeryville. This team writes software that powers over 250 million state of the art car stereos, home media players, and other entertainment systems for the world's top automotive and consumer electronics manufacturers.
We value candidates who:
- Are creative, passionate, authentic
- Value diversity, inclusion, and representation
- Are passionate about crafting and deploying high-quality, high-performance, and high availability software
- Love backend engineering: data ingestion pipelines and APIs
- Love client engineering: SDK's and proofs of concepts
- Value delighting the end user, while understanding the needs of the immediate customer
TOP REASONS TO WORK FOR US:
- Real influence on entertainment experience for hundreds of millions of people globally
- Open culture where fun, collaboration, health, and happiness are key
- Profitable company, plus the stability and security of a larger parent company
- Fun activities; it is not lost on us that we are in the media and entertainment data business
- A work environment that promotes a healthy work/life balance (unlimited PTO!)
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Work on data ingestion pipelines using the latest and greatest open source technologies
- Work on APIs customers use to retrieve entertainment metadata
- Create small, fast and ugly proofs of concept to help guide decision making
- Actively engage in technology & design decision making
- Help to operate and scale our infrastructure in AWS
- Review code and champion best practices across the team
- Troubleshoot, root cause, and fix problems in a blameless environment
FOR THIS ROLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Real world experience (4+ years for Senior) working with at least one of these languages: Java, Go, C
PREFERRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Experience with simple web applications
- Experience with cloud environment and tools (AWS preferred)
- Experience with DevOps tools (Serverless Framework, Terraform)
If you are missing a couple of the points above, we still want you to apply. Gracenote hires on what you can do, not what you have done. Our team views diversity as a strength. We are looking for people who will help us build an inclusive culture of belonging where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
ABOUT NIELSEN GLOBAL MEDIA
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what's true, we measure across all channels and platforms-from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You'll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Emeryville,California
Secondary Locations: , , ,
Back to top