- Rotterdam, Netherlands
As BI Engineer your focus will be on building dashboards and reports, but you will also be the admin for the BI platform responsible for maintenance and upgrades. You will be working with data from different data warehouses or our central Data Lake. This regards a broad spectrum of marketing data such as panel data, survey data and behavioural data. We use this data to support our clients, like helping social media companies to determine the effectiveness of advertisements on their platform; or helping brand owners to understand the health of their brands.
ABOUT THE JOB
You process data, write expressions, and create and maintain dashboards for clients. For example, a media owner is interested in the viewers of a certain TV show after airing a campaign. The dashboard you create provides the client with detailed insights in the collected viewing data to measure their marketing efforts. You understand both the data as well as the client perspective, therefore you play a key role between the tech team and the business unit.
Currently, we are using a QlikSense platform. However, as BI is a rapidly developing industry we are looking for someone who has experience with and is open to further exploring open source alternatives like Superset and Redash.
Another part of the job is helping us to further improve our BI platform by adding new functionalities, taking care of performance management and dealing with scalability challenges. You will be working closely with our platform provider and third-party feature developers, but also with the ETL engineers in the team on API based connections and automation opportunities.
You will have the opportunity to develop yourself in different areas like Business Intelligence, automation of data processing and working with Big Data. We have an open culture and an Agile working style.
- We are a young and dynamic team that is motivated and eager to learn about and implement smart BI, reporting and ETL solutions.
- The team consists of BI developers, ETL- and data engineers.
- We work in multi-disciplinary teams with research managers, analysts and data scientists.
- We are in close contact with our clients trying to understand their needs and looking for the best solution to provide insights based on the available data.
- At least a Bachelor's degree in Business Informatics, Computer Science, or a related study;
- Strong analytical skills, accurate and detail-oriented;
- Experience with building dashboards based on BI software (QlikSense, Superset or similar);
- Experience with the admin role for a BI platform including maintenance tasks.
- Knowledge of SQL and Python is an advantage;
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing);
- Flexible, proactive and pragmatic attitude.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary and benefits;
- Personal and professional development opportunities;
- Flexibility in working hours and location;
- Exciting development projects and clients;
- An open, respectful and multicultural atmosphere;
- Time for socialising and fun;
- 25 days of paid leave;
- Reimbursement of travelling expenses.
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
Back to top