- San Francisco, CA
We’re searching for a senior sales leader to formalize, lead, and scale our growing sales efforts at Niantic. You will be responsible for growing the footprint of Niantic’s innovative location-based advertising formats with marketers globally while working with leaders across the organization to define, test, and scale new advertising products. This role requires enthusiasm for creating order out of the undefined, experience selling new digital advertising products to marketers and agencies, and a track record for building sales organizations across a variety of go-to-market and vertical pods. We are looking for a strategic thinker and exceptional communicator who is excited to develop, execute and drive Niantic’s growth through advertising. This role will be based in San Francisco with frequent travels to customer locations. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Define and lead a new sales organization, including sales and customer success, across global markets.
- Build/refine the go-to-market strategy, pricing model and compelling materials for new markets and verticals.
- Seek new opportunities to expand the client base as well as cultivate strong long-term relationships with existing clients.
- Maintain positive relationships with key decision makers in the industry; network externally and help build thought leadership around our unique advertising approach.
- You are a “Player-Coach” who executes your own deals and are responsible for the team’s performance. You’ll share standard methodologies with the sales team and help them develop and grow the business.
- You'll build and execute a winning and scalable sales process - from customer targeting to product positioning to sales funnel analysis, resulting in improvements to our approach.
- You're a subject matter authority, connecting product features to business needs and providing feedback on product-market fit to inform product strategy.
- Deliver on quarterly revenue and productivity targets for your team.
- Ensure consistent quality of written and verbal materials distributed to clients.
- Handle pipeline with CRM tools for maximum efficiency and transparency, with carefully executed follow-up to closure.
- BA/BS degree in sales or marketing-related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 15+ years of insides sales / channel sales experience in selling digital advertising and/or media.
- 10+ years experience leading sales teams and/or client service team at an agency or marketing service company.
- Experience successfully selling directly to VP and C-level marketing leaders, especially on innovative media or advertising products, ideally on both brand and performance products.
- Strong persuasion and presentation skills, especially on marketing and brand strategy.
- Existing relationships with CMOs and ad agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative campaigns and marketing solutions tailored to client strategy and needs.
- Successful experience building a go-to-market strategy and corporate sales plan.
- Skilled in prospecting, pre-call planning, needs analysis, selling and closing marketing solutions to senior marketers and advertising agencies.
- Proven ability and consistent track record of exceeding sales targets and motivating a sales team to consistently hit targets as well.
- Validated people management and leadership skills, with a mentoring approach to developing performance.
- Experience contributing to sales operations & process improvements.
- Familiarity with channel sales for advertising/marketing solutions.
- Familiarity or enthusiasm for gaming.
- You have bilingual skills covering English and one or more of the following languages: French, German, Spanish, Italian.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Back to top